Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 AND I'M READY TO BURST

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 14 Replies

HI IM 17 AND GETTING READY TO HAVE A LITTLE BABY BOY!!!!!!:) i'm due today but the doctor said he might come late so i'm probably going to be induced on thursay I'm a little nervous

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommiekins92
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Is this your first? Because I was induced with my daughter & she was my first & it made me labor 3 days (Naturally) because I wouldn't dilate even with the pitocin. I don't know your story but I would wait a little while longer before you choose induction. Unless health complications arise.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
danamppz
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
First pregnancies last an average of 41.3 weeks. Wait it out. Drugs go straight to the baby too and induction puts more stress on both of you. I have 3. Good luck and don't rush things! Bigger babies that are late have more time for their brains to grow and are usually better sleepers and eaters :) don't let the doctor push his schedule on you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah.shannon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I just had my first baby nov 10. I was induced at 41wks an it went great. She was very healthy and labor was less then 24hrs. My best friend was induced as well and she had less then 24hrs if labor. I've heard it can be hard but I had a great experience. Our could mabey see if they would strip your membranes and see if that helps.

blessedmommy864
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Everyone is different.. I was 17 with my first and was induced at 39 weeks due to complications.. I was in labor a little over 7 hours and everything went smoothly. Good luck!
mmccrea
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM

It is normal to be nervous!  It is very exciting!  My midwife broke my water at 41 weeks, and it was pain free (the water breaking, not labor), labor only lasted 7.5 hours.  So, I recommend asking for them to break your water, since it is drug-free.  

littleinsect
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM
I was induced due to high bp and it took 5 days. I was miserable.

Quoting Mommiekins92:

Is this your first? Because I was induced with my daughter & she was my first & it made me labor 3 days (Naturally) because I wouldn't dilate even with the pitocin. I don't know your story but I would wait a little while longer before you choose induction. Unless health complications arise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I was 16 when i had my daughter. Got induced and ended up having a csection. If i could redo it, i wouldnt get induced

momof3jam
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM

WOOHOO!!! Congrats!

I was 17 with my first and he went overdue over 2 weeks, so don't stress too much. You'll be okay. Do you have your (and baby's) bags packed yet (and in the car)?

LyndollyCarlos
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM
What. My doctor told. Me to do is don't eat all only drink water. And WALK. walk until you just fill like. Your legs are going. To fall off

And i did i walked like for 3 hours and i started having. Pain in my back and it started coming. Faster
I hot to the hospital and they where okay walk for an hour. And at 12 were going to break. Your. Water. And by. 5 my son wash born
Mommiekins92
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Quoting littleinsect:

I was induced due to high bp and it took 5 days. I was miserable.

Quoting Mommiekins92:

Yes I was too. I'll probably never do it again

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)