• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Help!!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

OK so i dont have alot to spend probably $100-$200 but i want to make christmas good for my children. I dont know what to get them though. The only thing my DS has asked for is a playstation 3..hes obviously not getting it and it breaks my heart not to be able to get one for him but hes very easy to please and will be happy with anything. But my DD is hard to buy for..shes not your average girl I get her Barbies and she strips them and rips there legs off...i get her baby dolls and she strips them and pops there heads off...i dont know what to possibly get her she is 3.

What kind of things should i get for them?? I know there my kids and i know them best but i would like ideas.! :)

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Do you want fun or educational or both?

For my DS (18months) I got him Cogsley the robot from Vtech.  He is designed for 3-6 year olds.  He looks pretty neat and my son seems really interested in him.  Maybe a Tag system or other learn to read system for your DD.

You didn't say how old your DS was so I have no idea. 

2under5.mom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Thanks..my DS is 4. But my DD is very destructive she breaks everything so i dont want to buy her something expensive..i got my son a WII last year and she broke it! she stuck like 5 games in it at once...i was working SO was supposed to be watching her!

Quoting Firenygirl180:

For my DS (18months) I got him Cogsley the robot from Vtech.  He is designed for 3-6 year olds.  He looks pretty neat and my son seems really interested in him.  Maybe a Tag system or other learn to read system for your DD.

Firenygirl180
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe a playset or something they can share. With a few smaller things for each then?  

Quoting 2under5.mom:

Thanks..my DS is 4. But my DD is very destructive she breaks everything so i dont want to buy her something expensive..i got my son a WII last year and she broke it! she stuck like 5 games in it at once...i was working SO was supposed to be watching her!

Quoting Firenygirl180:

CheyBrim
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would buy a couple of little gifts, and then tell them Santa left them money to go pick out whatever they want. Take them to the store and let them each pick out one toy, that way they both can get what they want.

As for the ps3, you can get them at pawn shops for around $99, or you can get a ps2 for only $30.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)