Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

my name is brandy and i am 19 and 30wks pregnant with my first baby. ever since i became pregnant i basically lost all my friends. and i really dont have too many people to talk to or who understand. i really need mommy friends.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
BentleyManoula
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:27 AM
I'm Wonder, 18 and 36 weeks pregnant. I would love to be your friend. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Hugs hun. 

Mommy2OWL
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey, I'm Brittney and the same thing happened to me. I'm 20 and I have a 6 month old baby boy. When I got pregnant I lost all but 2 friends, one being my OH. After a couple of months though, I made new friends out of old acquaintances. Most of them are mothers too. It's hard to be starting your life as a mom while your friends are in college. If yours are like mine they just kind of forget you exist until they're home. At first losing so many friends really upset me, but once I had my son I realized that I didn't want people who didn't care for him all that much in his life. After having him, I have also grown very close to my OH's family and I call his cousins and cousins' girlfriends when I have time/want to talk or hang out with someone. I think once I let go of how many friends had left me I finally realized there were more friends to be had. This online community is really great at showing that and supporting  each other.

OneTiredMomma87
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Don't feel bad.. As soon as I told all my friends I was pregnant they abandonded me even some of my "close" family members didnt talk to me anymore. The sad thing was that I was 21 when I had my first child so I dont know what the big deal was.

If you need someone I'll be here

mom_3.0
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:01 AM

That's proof of how imporant those people really were not! It happens, and I'm sorry. It will get better...you will make new friends but the most important thing now is you and your child. 

So_Devious20
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Best thing now?? You know who your real friends are. The same thing happened to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyL3469
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I kind of get how you feel. I've been with my now husband since I was 18. I lost all my friends then because people thought I was throwing my life away and being boring because I was settling down. I had our first daughter at 21, 2nd at 23, and now pregnant again at 25. I still have none of those friends, and you know what? I'm okay with that. I have my family and that's what's important. Sometimes I do wish I had people to talk to besides my husband and mom though--so I get where you're coming from.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Mom2five87
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I had my first at 17 and lost all my "friends" too. I guess since I couldn't go out and party all the time, they didn't wanna be around me anymore. Whatever. Their loss. lol

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

musicalcat31
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM

i understand i am 31 and my boyfriend dumped me and i have one guy friend who never wants to hang around

beautiful.GIRL1
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Hey, im stacey. I had my dd at 17. And i know whats its like to feel lonely. If you want msg me sometime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN