Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got my first job!!!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi..I'm so excited I got my first job and Toys r' us  and I think Im the only one happy b/c my boyfriend said I shouldn't be working knowing that I'm only 32wks he is afraid that my water might break while I'm working..and so he wants me to quit and I'm not going to I was wondering is it a good idea to start working knowing I'm 32wks...I told him its not like I'm going to be chasing after kids while working and rite now he isnt talking to b/c he is that pissed that I'm working and now he is saying that if I don't quit he will go up there and tell them I quit himself....wow idk

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
-SamSam-
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Well he can't quit for you so that's not really a worry, just him venting probably. I don't think it is really his decision whether you do or do not have a job. If you feel up to it and your doctor doesn't tell you otherwise I would go for it. They obviously hired you knowing you are pregnant and are not going to expect crazy things from you because of that. I would caution you to pay attention to your body and don't over do it. Explain to him why you wanted the job in the first place, and bring up more money in the bank for the baby is never a bad thing. 

I'm currently looking for a new job because I had to quit my last during my first trimester due to how sick I was, not being able to drive or preform work responibilities and such. So now I'd do anything to be in your shoes :]

Congrats by the way.

cemcnair
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Congratulations!! You'll be fine! Sounds fun to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k4m7d93
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Congratulations on getting your first job. I've been working at Target since before I even got pregnant, my midwife took me out at 37w due to my feet swelling and me always standing at work. That is something you need to be careful of. Is your job okay with you going on maternity leave in a few weeks for your baby? Will they keep your job position for you? Are you okay with not getting paid maternity leave while you're gone? Those are things you need to think of. Congratulations though! He should be proud of you, not a sour puss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)