Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

First Time Mother.

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello Everyone, My Name Is Courtney. Im 16 Years Old & Expecting A Little Girl Anyday Now! Im 2 Day's Over Due As Of Right Now! I Was Due Decmeber 20th. Im Nervous About Becoming A Parent At Such A Young Age But Im Excited Ar The Same Time, Has Anyone Had These Feeling's? I Just Need Some Moral Support!

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Those are completely normal feelings no matter your age:-) I was nervous with all three of my kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bae_boo123
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Ok.(:
Dani_xO
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Courtney, My name is Daniella and I too had those same feelings at 16 when I had my first baby girl. Especially with the father not being around for her was difficult to take in for me at such a young age. But if you have the family support that most young moms don't have then you will do just fine. Especially when you first lay your eyes on your little girl <3 Your motherly instincts kick right in no matter how old you are. Good luck and congrats :)

Bae_boo123
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Im With My Baby Daddy, He Lives With Me & We Are About To Move Into Our Own Home Together. We Have Been Together For A Year & 8 Months.
piwife
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Welcome. Am 25 and have 3 kids. My oldest is almost 6. Feel free to ask me anything that comes to mind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh girl if you weren't nervous I'd be worried about you. My best advice for labor and the next year? Live in the moment, enjoy it when it's enjoyable, live the stress when it's stressful but don't carry it into the next moment. You've got too much on your plate to dwell. Good luck!

Tanaisha4
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I had my baby at 20 and even though you're 16 and so young having a child, it shouldn't discourage you from being the best mom that you can be. You just have to finish school, accept that your priorities have to change for your child's sake and that if you are in a relationship or single, find your happy place. I was induced because my baby made it to the end of term (so now that you're over due, your child is going to have flaky skin. It happens) and it can be rough because you want your chld to be in your arms and especially off of your bladder. You're probably suffering from lack of sleep and that is okay. It is all worth it. Once you become a parent, you don't be as nervous. You just fit the role and do what you have to do. If you love your child enough to be there at all times, then you will be okay and you will smile through the hard times and realize what's it like to walk in other mother's shoes. Its hard at times but its rewarding and we wouldn't trade it for anything. You honestly also don't know what unconditional love is, until you have a child and when you really feel it, its going to hit you hard and make you see just how wonderful love can be and no one can take that away from you. 

Bae_boo123
by Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Thank You For Your Advice.<3 It Mean's Alot To Me To Actually Have People Who Give me Supportive Advice.

Quoting Tanaisha4:

I had my baby at 20 and even though you're 16 and so young having a child, it shouldn't discourage you from being the best mom that you can be. You just have to finish school, accept that your priorities have to change for your child's sake and that if you are in a relationship or single, find your happy place. I was induced because my baby made it to the end of term (so now that you're over due, your child is going to have flaky skin. It happens) and it can be rough because you want your chld to be in your arms and especially off of your bladder. You're probably suffering from lack of sleep and that is okay. It is all worth it. Once you become a parent, you don't be as nervous. You just fit the role and do what you have to do. If you love your child enough to be there at all times, then you will be okay and you will smile through the hard times and realize what's it like to walk in other mother's shoes. Its hard at times but its rewarding and we wouldn't trade it for anything. You honestly also don't know what unconditional love is, until you have a child and when you really feel it, its going to hit you hard and make you see just how wonderful love can be and no one can take that away from you. 

-Courtney_Lee.<3

Nicki1995
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello there. I am Nicki. I had my daughter when i was 16 via csection. I found out i was pregnant with her right after i got married lol It was pretty great =) She was planned. I wasnt exactly nervous about becoming a parent. Just excited and ready. I am now 17 and she is almost 9 months old. My husband is about to go to school for phlebotomy/ekg and then we will be getting our own place. After we get our own place, i will be going to an online college to be an administrative assistant =) Good luck girl!

Tanaisha4
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Any time.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)