Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Epidural damage

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

I had my daughter four months ago i had two epidurals it kept wearing off now i have back pain everyday it start where my epi was and shoots up my spine into my shoulders and sometimes it parlizes me i Fall to the floor in pain!! Tonight my back is hurting really bad, Im gonna go to the dr about it. I just want to know did anyone else have permanet damage.

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Well I do talk with moms that have mild-to-severe complications, no epis for my own deliveries.   (I am a birth advocate so generally help moms to choose alternatives to the epidural.)    
You can see y
our doctor, maybe a chiro or get acupuncture, but this may last a long time~   I am so sorry!

GL!

grebeka
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Awe I am so sorry to hear. I had gotten epidural twice with my first bbyg (cuz I wasn't fully numb), but my back never hurt :/ I hope u find peace
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Brookesmom2012
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Thx
StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Only reason I have back problems because I have huge boobs.
Reina13
by Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I had an epidural with my 3rd child and have never had a problem with my back. You should definitely see a doctor. I hope you can  find a resolution so that you can feel better.

happysnappyJ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I didn't, but I also didn't have an epidural for this exact reason, I would never take a chance with all those possible complications. 

3Aces2012.
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I had pains like yours for a few months after having my daughter, now a year later I get random shooting pains in my back where I got the epi but no where near as much as I did before. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I had an epi with both boys. With #2 I had back issues the first few months after, but they cleared up on their own
Pepe22
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:34 PM
See, people always say epidurals have practically no risks but I disagree! This is why I didn't have an epidural. Definitely see a doctor and have a water birth next time! So worth it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)