Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant teen, need help

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 33 Replies

Ok, so it isn't as bad as I made it sound, I'm 19, and the only help I need is figuring this pregnancy thing out, but it's a catchy title :) Hi chicas! I'm Ryan (yup, I'm female, no, my parents don't hate me, yes, I was supposed to be a boy). Those are the answers to the FAQ's about my name. I am pregnant, btw. I'm 6 weeks, due August 27th, 2013. I'll be 20 in August as well, so maybe I'll get a wonderful birthday present! This pregnancy wasn't planned (duh, I'm 19!). I was on the pill, but school was so crazy this semester, it's possible, and probable, since it worked perfectly for over a year, that I took a pill out of the pack, set it down, got distracted, and, well, you can figure out the rest! But however it happened, here I am, 19 and pregnant. Not as bad as 16 and pregnant, but not great. I'm not thrilled about being a mommy, but it isn't the end of the world. My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, today is actually the anniversary of our 1st date. We've lived together since I turned 18, so a year and a few months. We can afford a baby, but still, timing isn't great. But, here we are! 

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
viasacra18
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Everything will be new and different but you won't care as soon as your holding that baby!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lexiloo714
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! I'm 19 and pregnant with my first too. I'm due in July and i turn 20 in July as well lol. Good luck with everything, it'll be so worth it in the end :-) message me any time if you need someone to talk to
ryryab
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Thanks! Everything is already quite a bit different! I can't imagine how much more it will all change once the baby gets here!

Quoting viasacra18:

Congrats! Everything will be new and different but you won't care as soon as your holding that baby!

Shaketa123
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Wow..your lucky my dad still hates me so I moved to Australia just to be with my babydaddy and I'm 19 and due Feb.9th well Congrats I hope the best for you and your new family :D

lexismom90
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Congrats! I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant wih my first. Timing really wasn't that great for us either and I don't think timing is ever perfect for a baby. Welcome to the group.
ryryab
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Aw, I'm so sorry, that sucks. My parents don't know yet. I don't expect them to take it well, but my boyfriend and I don't need their help, so if they take issue, that is their business. Thank you, I hope the same for you! And Australia, how awesome!

Quoting Shaketa123:

Wow..your lucky my dad still hates me so I moved to Australia just to be with my babydaddy and I'm 19 and due Feb.9th well Congrats I hope the best for you and your new family :D

loveerosalea
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:30 PM
You live in orange county ?

Quoting lexiloo714:

Congrats! I'm 19 and pregnant with my first too. I'm due in July and i turn 20 in July as well lol. Good luck with everything, it'll be so worth it in the end :-) message me any time if you need someone to talk to

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryryab
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Thank you very much :) And you're right, timing is almost never perfect for a baby, but it can be better, or at least planned!

Quoting lexismom90:

Congrats! I was 20 when I found out I was pregnant wih my first. Timing really wasn't that great for us either and I don't think timing is ever perfect for a baby. Welcome to the group.

lexiloo714
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:33 PM
No im in IL close to Chicago

Quoting loveerosalea:

You live in orange county ?

Quoting lexiloo714:

lexismom90
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Yes I agree there! Timing could definitely be better or even planed. Neither of my 2 were planed but hey birth control isn't 100% and it happens. The first pregnancy I was going through a divorce so timing could have been way better for that one! This one we just didn't want 2 so close in age but oh we'll it happens.

Quoting ryryab:

Thank you very much :) And you're right, timing is almost never perfect for a baby, but it can be better, or at least planned!

Quoting lexismom90:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)