Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need tips on taking away the bottle

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hey my name is Kayla. i have a son whio is 9months old can anyone give me tips on how to start breaking him off the bottle.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deviljrswifey
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Well i know at 12 months is when you can start 2% milk but i dont know much of how to start getting baby off the bottle either. She is almost 11 months and we are still trying.

egbkeb
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I was told whole milk until 2

Quoting deviljrswifey:

Well i know at 12 months is when you can start 2% milk but i dont know much of how to start getting baby off the bottle either. She is almost 11 months and we are still trying.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
priceless3238
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I always just got rid of all the bottles. If a bottle is not an option than they get over wanting them fast.

egbkeb
1 mom liked this
Let me know when you find out because my two are refusing no matter what I do =(
deviljrswifey

Quoting egbkeb:

I was told whole milk until 2

Quoting deviljrswifey:

Oh my bad I meant whole milk.

Married/ 19/ Mommy

blapier
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Cold turkey worked for me. The night of her 1st birthday I grabbed every bottle and threw them away. She didn't really care for them anyways, she's always liked her sippy more.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
alvzliz23
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Thats what I did. I just stopped giving my son his bottle and he quickly adjusted without it.

Quoting priceless3238:

I always just got rid of all the bottles. If a bottle is not an option than they get over wanting them fast.

marissasmommy3
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
When my daughter was a year old her dad threw away the bottles then to break her from her sippy at night we would put water in it shes three now and drinks out of a cup
alliesaurus
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I think the best way is just cold turkey. It makes for a rough first day or two, but after that they have forgotten or understood that its just not coming back. I probably wouldn't worry about it too much until you switch to regular milk. I would just try to get him used to using the sippy cups more often, so he is familiar with them when you toss the bottles. Or start doing only a bottle at night or something like that and sippy only during the day.
ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Start giving him a little water in a sippy cup everyday. And when he turns one then just take away the bottle and don't give him any more.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)