Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

my now ex the father of my child cheated on me and left me, knowing I may be pregnant. please help

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 41 Replies
He still wants to be part of my Childs life. We were talking. About getting married and raising the child before he cheated. He was so happy that he was going to be a daddy. I don't want him part of my Childs life and he is now threatening to take full custody of the child but idk if he serious. I don't want to lose my baby please help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ryryab
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

He can't take full custody unless you are proven unfit for some reason, 50/50 is the worst that will happen. He's the child's father, you can't prevent him from having access to your child. If he was such a bad person, you shouldn't have taken a chance of having a child with him. Now you are pregnant, now you have a tie to that man for life and unless he signs away his rights, you can't do anything about it but accept it and learn to deal with it and with him. 

HawaLee
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Omg sorry to hear that ... But I would put up a fight ...I wouldnt jus let him take full custody like that especially if he cheated on you .
lexismom90
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Deep breath! If you are pregnant be careful not to say or do thigs that can pin you as a "bad mom" most of the time though courts prefer to leave the child with the mother unless the mother is truly unfit and wouldn't be able to care for the baby. In most cases with an infant the mother almos always gets custody. Breath and remember your little one is your first priority. Hugs if you ever want to talk feel free to message me. When I found out I was pregnant with my first I was 20 and going through a divorce with a man who was also threatening to take full custody of my baby girl. I know how completely terrifying that is.
singlemom91613
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I didn't know he was so bad. I will put up a fight for my child. My family will help me in any way they can. I am far from being unfit mom. thank you guys, I'm just scared of losing my baby. I'm hoping he'll sign away his rights
holmes212
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I would think technically since you werent married that he doesnt really have any rights if you dont put him on the birth certificate. Because i always THOUGHT that if you werent married then the mother had full custody/full rights. Unless fought in court. But if you are married then its 50/50? I could be wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom91613
Thank you. Alright I will be careful not to say anything that will prove I'm unfit. I'll be a great mom I'm really motherly to the kids I teach. Their moms say I'll be a great mom. I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant because I need to take a test to be absolutely sure. I've missed my period already
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:51 PM
He won't get full custody if you have a source of income to cover babies needs and a roof over your head. I suggest setting up a parenting plan after baby is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom91613
I was never married engaged only
singlemom91613
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I will start planning for that now
aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Just because he cheated (I am sorry he did that too you) doesn't make him a bad father. It makes him a shitty man, but I wouldn't try and keep him from his child if he wants too be in he/she life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)