Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Would you marry your baby's father, just because you are pregnant?

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:46 AM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: if it was best for the baby, would you marry your baby's father???

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 55

View Results

My ex boyfriend broke up with me about 2 weeks ago... he said i had to much baggage... but before that we had talked about kids and he said he would marry me if i ever got pregnant (keep in mind we were together at the time)

He still has feelings for me...

I'm finding out tomorrow at the obgyn if i am in fact pregnant... he's driving me... he doesnt know thats why i'm going... but i've decided to tell him tomorrow if i find out for sure that i am... and if he wants to get back together... i'll probably do it...

but the thing is i dont want to raise a child in a broken home... and he had said before he would want to marry me... i'm not sure what to do on that if that comes up... if its truly better for the baby...

If its truly better for the baby would you do it???

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shaketa123
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Honestly..I wouldn't marry him if just b/c your pregnant thats my opinion I almost did the same bt we decided to wait..To me its up to you on what you want to do I understand not wanting to raise a child in a broken home if you are pregnant make sure that he is ready for this big change see how he is around kids...Bt honestly its up to you moma GoodLuck!

Vipergirl22
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Absolutely not. I wouldn't marry just because I was pregnant. People probably would think that is what I did because I married my husband when my daughter was 9 months old but I didn't. We had already been together 4 years by the time we got married and I love him and that is why I married him. This is why my parents got married, my mom got pregnant with me. They are now divorced. Marry for love and nothing else.

serenity201145
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:38 AM

just because you get pregnant by him doesnt mean you guys got to get married yes its better if you guys are together but if you guys arent then dont force yourself to do it because in the end you guys might end up hating each other so yeah do whats best for the baby but at the same time you guys got to make sure whats best you two at the same time

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM
No way

Figure out yourself as a mother and he as a father. Don't go just marrying anyone who you get pregnant by. I get he isn't just anyone but lord you all are split at the moment. There is a obv a reason for that and that reason(a) need to be figured out and handled before you make a life long commitment to each other.

You can be loving parents in the same home with out being married or just happily in a relationship with someone else and a better example then being married and miserable and a negative example for your child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:21 AM
2 moms liked this

If you love each and are starting a family why not make if official?

Guess im kinda old fashioned...lol..

AA2.0
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM
You do realize that getting married doesn't mean there will be no broken home, right? Things can go wrong, marriages fall apart all the time. I think it's quite frankly stupid to get married because of a pregnancy, but that's just my opinion.

ETA: My parents got married because my mom got pregnant. It lasted 11 years. My mom told me she knew the day she married my dad that it wouldn't be forever.
AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I would never get married just because I was pregnant.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Nope. You get married for love not a baby. Most marriages for the kids don't last. It's also unhealthy for the child because they will know you aren't really happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I didn't marry my SO because I got pregnant. Yes we're still together and not married. But it's stupid to get married just because there's a child involved. It sounds like you two have issues you both need to work out before marriage is thrown into the equation. Just because you aren't married and you're raising a child together doesn't mean you have a "broken" home. Just my honest opinion
heathurln
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I wouldn't marry him just because I'm pregnant, to me that would be marrying for the wrong reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)