Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby Shower

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

my mom is trying to plan a baby shower for me but is stuck. lol. I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters and she never had a baby shower and since this is her first grandbaby she wants to make sure i have one. the only thing is, she doesnt know where to start. any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. :) 

my moms screen name is tmjanssens06. you can either message her or me since i already know about the shower lol

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
humbum
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

i would see how many people are going to show up and send out invitations and then find out were you are going to have it and then probably get decorations (dollar store is wonderful for them) and decided games and food o and don't for get the cake..... hope you have an amazing baby shower !!!!!baby gift

abbysmama13
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:56 PM

my mom is planning on having it at our house and mostly family is invited along with a couple friends. 

What are some good games/ things to do at a baby shower? we are both newbies lol

thanks for the help :)

rvb146
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM
You can google a list of games. At the shower I helped plan we played the no baby game. Give every guest a ribbon. When someone says the word baby the first person to realize it gets a pin. The person with the most pins gets a prize. Who knows mommy to be the best. Type out a list of questions and give each person a sheet of paper to answer on. And another one was what's the baby food. Give eat guest a sample and they have to guess the flavor. There are so many games to choose from. I also recommend putting out an advice jar. Each person rights a little note of advice and puts it in the jar when they arrive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymommylove
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

invite first then once you know how many people you can begin planning

this website helped with mine: babycenter.com/babyshower

actually I went to that site alot while I was pregnant, it was very informative (:

deviljrswifey
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
We had 2 games. One was my MIL messured my belly and used string. Then they went around and let everyone cut a piece and then compared them to the one my MIL did. Who evers matched got a little pink bassinet candle. The other was guess how much i gained... not fun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abbysmama13
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM

thanks everyone :) 

1.hot.mama2005
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM
There are lots of baby shower games. Use Google to find a list. Congratulations on your baby! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AA2.0
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Our baby bottle chugging contest was a bunch of fun. Give each guest a baby bottle filled with juice/water and see who can drink it all the fastest.

We also did guess how big mommy's belly is. Have each guest tear off a long piece of toilet paper, trying to get one long enough to go just around the belly. The person closest to the right circumference wins.

What's in the diaper. Melt different kinds of chocolate bars and put them in diapers. Have guests try to guess what chocolate bar is in each diaper.

Mommy4566
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Try to find some fun and unique games online! I used a website to have people guess the gender, hair colour, etc. of my sister's baby (www.bellybets.com)... there are a bunch of fun things like that. 

B-FigNewton
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:35 PM

She can Google "Baby Shower Ideas" It opened up a whole new world for me!! Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN