Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

STRETCH MARKS

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

Okay, i have really bad stretch marks, and i really want them to go away.. I've tried cocoa butter and it dosen't work... any tips?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I have em 2 lol I've heard mederma works really well but it's expensive. My df said he would pay for me to have the laser surgery in the near future so I'm holding out for that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupckae.ninja
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM

lol lucky

NNB
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I dont think you can get rid of them with cream, there caused by tearing in the skin, if I remember right, so creams wil have litte to no affect, though some may mask the problem
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

olive oil or cocount oil

BroCosMom
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Stretch marks are genetic no getting rid of them consider them your battle wounds :-) I'm very proud of mine I have them all over my stomach my three children put them there when I'm 50 and there all moved out my battle wounds will still be there :-)
smuckers743
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I've heard that there happens to be no way to really get rid of them :(. They should fade with time. I also have terrible ones from my boy and no cream has worked either. I just think of the quote, "You are a tiger that has earned her dang stripes!". They may not be pretty but the result was worth it :).
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM

There is an expensive cream that i use that fades and shrinks stretch marks. And honey, trust me. It works. Stretch marks are caused by the bottom layer of skin tearing from being stretched. The cream that i use is called StriVectin-SD

mizzmami
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:33 PM
BioDerm works really well. However your marks won't completely go away it just reduces the redness so you can't see them as much. I have them up to my kneck lol
Baby_On_Board00
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:38 PM
There is no way to remove very dark stretch marks but I've always been a heavy set girl and(( bio-oil)) has faded my stretch marks and they are hardly noticeable!
Bren07
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Stretch makes will never "go away" but you can make them fade and smooth over time. They have lots of products, like maderma for stretch marks. Google it, you will find lots of stuff, most of it is expensive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)