Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Advice plz

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 12 Replies
My best friend is pregnant and ive been trying to do everything to help and support her but she gettin no help and support from her family she has an appointment for her sonogram and she askd her her to go and she flat out said no i dont want to see anything wat should she do?! Wat can i do as a best friend?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Could you reword that? I got a little confused reading it. I am not trying to be mean or anything, but i seriously did get a little confused.

ryryab
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Yeah, I can't understand this either. I'd love to help, and my family isn't supportive either, which is what I think you are trying to say? But please, English. I know this isn't school, it's just online, but really? 

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Im sorry im just so mad right now! Okay my best friend is pregnant and she has no support from her family. She asked her mom to go with her to the sonogram appointment and she flat out said no i dont want to see anything!! When she has a problem she comes to me or my mom! I know her situation is different from mine but what can i do to help her?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryryab
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I would say go with her and support her. It's awful that her family is acting that way, but you can't force them to change. Just be there for your friend as much as you can be. My parents are furious that I am pregnant, my mother asked me when I had my appointment for an abortion when she first found out! I haven't spoken to her or my dad since they found out last Friday. My first appointment is this week, and they don't even know that. They have no idea how far along I am or anything. I have support from my boyfriend and his family, and thankfully my siblings, but nothing from my parents. Just be there. It's all you can do. How old is your friend? Does she live at home?

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Shes my age 19 and yes unfortunately she doesnt have support from neither the baby daddy nor her family she asks me for advice since i had my son but my situation is much different. I live wit my baby daddy for almost 3 years and my family although they were disapppinted they supported me and to this day are in love wit my son! Its hard for her cause shes almost done with technical school so its not like shes going to drop everything just that things changed and she gots to adjusted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryryab
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Oh, well. I'm 19 as well. I was expecting her to be a young teen. But she needs to realize not everyone is going to be happy or supportive, and she can't expect them to, especially if they are supporting her. The best thing she can do is ignore them, take care of herself and the baby, finish school, and go from there. 

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Thanks for your advice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryryab
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM

You're welcome, though I didn't really say much. There is nothing you can do, it has to come from her family, and hopefully they'll come around. But until then, you're all she's got. Good luck to her, and you are a great friend!

Kellyjude1
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM

The only thing you can do as a friend is be supportive, listen to her feelings, and be there for her.  I cannot imagine how she must feel.  I am sure its hard for her with no support and no help.  I hope things will change for her....especially with her family maybe with some time they will help.

eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:11 PM

be as supportive as you can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)