Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Anyone know any teen mom groups? i live in chicago, il

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hey, my name is Cindy. I have one baby, she's a 10month old girl. I wanna join a teen mom group. Any one know any groups around where i live?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not in Chicago, but welcome Cindy.  You might check to see if there are any teen MOPs groups being held at any churches near you.

BeachMama05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome, I am also not in Chicago :)

meXtwo
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

hey cindy im 19 with 2 daughters, i've been looking for groups for teens myself and i live in a town close to chicago:)

Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

IM in chicago but i have no idea. Sorry.

lc-179
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I know of two but the registration process is long & it took awhile before I was actually in the group. I say we start our own hmu if interested.
meg0620
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in the suburbs of Chicago and have an 8 month old boy :)
cemcnair
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I'm not in Chicago, but I hope you find some friends nearby!
cindyh3612
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Ic-179, yeah? Where at? And sure lol:)
HyrulianHeroine
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

she sounds like your best bet :) it's always fun to start those kind of things yourself and run it the way you like.

Quoting lc-179:

I know of two but the registration process is long & it took awhile before I was actually in the group. I say we start our own hmu if interested.

lc-179
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Well theres Christopher house & new moms both non-profit organization tthat strive to help young moms out. Problem is theres only so much help & so many teen moms.
Christopher house you call, schedule an appointment, then theres the "interview" where they discuss the program & talk about you, after all paperwork is filled out you meet your mentor who will make house visits every two weeks or monthly depends on the age of your little one, then you meet as a group I believe tues or thurs for some fun activities & a hot meal. Its really nice but I work the days they meet & the age group is young as well as the babies. See my son is two now & not very fond of discussions.
New moms is about the same but I have yet to have my phone calls returned because they try to prioritize the most neediest first. But they help with clothes, toys, diapers, and formula.
Both groups are great I have friends in both but again they really prioritize the moms who have absolutely no support then the moms who just need a group.

Like I said it would be great to get our own group together for moms who just want to hang out & thier child to socialize. We could even have little potlucks & snacks. Im more excited for the weather to warm up that would bring more options to go out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN