Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a couple questions; anyone willing to answer?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi my name's Crystal and I just became a new mommy a few days ago to a beautiful little girl.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo of her name on me, but obviously couldn't do it during pregnancy.

I'm breastfeeding, and was wondering if the whole tattoo idea is a bad one?

If anyone knows whether or not I can do this, please let me know! Thank you (:

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMama05
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I got 2 tattoos while I was breastfeeding my DD .. some places ask and some dont :)

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It's safe to get tattoos while breastfeeding. The ink molecules are too big to pass into your milk:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Congratulations on your new daughter!

I would suggest you wait until you are done breastfeeding to get your tattoo.  In fact, I don't know any artist who will do it while you are breastfeeding due to the risk of infection, etc. and passing it on to your baby.

Quoting CLysarz:

Hi my name's Crystal and I just became a new mommy a few days ago to a beautiful little girl.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo of her name on me, but obviously couldn't do it during pregnancy.

I'm breastfeeding, and was wondering if the whole tattoo idea is a bad one?

If anyone knows whether or not I can do this, please let me know! Thank you (:

Nicki1995
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Do not get a tattoo while breastfeeding. IF it were to get infected, the infection could become a concern. I would wait until you are done breastfeeding, but that is just my opinion.

MGM.mommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

My tattoo guy won't tattoo you if you are pregnant or breast feeding; he asks. He just says he would much rather be on the safer side, than risk hurting your baby. Some tattoo guys don't even ask though, but I'd rather wait and be on the safe side.

AubreeGrace17
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM
You should be fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LSiniawski3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations!! There's always a risk when u get a tattoo whether its from a dirty needle or they don't sanitize correctly. Plus where are you thinking of putting it? You want to be relaxed while you nurse and it might be painful if your thinking your ribs or shoulder. I would honestly wait until your done nursing, you don't want to risk it because your still sharing your body with your baby. Plus your hormones could affect the way the ink settles into your skin. Don't get me wrong I love tattoos, I have a lot but I personally would hold off!
Emiliush
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:15 AM

im pretty sure its safe to do.. and wow you really cant wait a bit latter? haha

and whats her name? oh and congratzz!!!!!

Shyndi
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Congrats on your new bundle of Joy!!! I would suggest that you wait, If it gets infected it could harm you and your baby remember this precious baby needs you healthy and there for her. =D I would suggest that you also google the question it gives you alot of feedback.

cemcnair
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Probably safe, but I'd wait! Congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)