Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

My mom got me so upset (crying my eyes out) telling me she has the right to kick my baby's father out of the hospital room while I'm giving birth. She also says she can do whatever she wants legally with my child because I am under age (17 years old). Can she really do what she says she can? Or is she just trying to be mean to me? I have no clue. All I know is I am very upset and have no one else to turn to at this time because my own mother thinks I'm naive and wrong. 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It's YOUR baby! It's YOUR birth! If she causes issues have her kicked out of the room. I had my first at 17 and I signed everything. My doctor and nurses addressed me.

She can't do anything you don't consent to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Tell me your state and I'll look up the laws so you can show your mom:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Thank you! :)

Nat_Th3_Cat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM

And i live in Illinois 

bchic24
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
No. It's your baby and the doctors and nurses are going to support you because they need you relaxed for a healthy baby. If you're stressed it stresses the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CLysarz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's your baby, your mother really has no say no matter how old you are. She also has NO RIGHT to kick your baby's father out of the room; it's your choice on who's in there. And he has the right to see his own child being born. If my mother ever threatened me like that, (not saying you should do this) but I would straight out tell her that she's not allowed to see her grandchild. It's not fair to you that she's saying all of this.

Miriahwinborn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
At 17 you are considered an adult and not a juvenile, also because you are pregnant it is YOUR baby and YOUR choice about what you want. Your mom is just trying to get you to do what she wants! And she needs to be more considerate of your feelings and that she doesn't need to be stressing you out while your pregnant
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM
"Being a minor does not strip you of your parental rights, however, and you have guaranteed rights regarding the custody and care of your child, regardless of how old you may be."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM

She can not do anything. You are the mother and the one giving birth. You have the right to kick HER out of your delievery room if you want. The people that YOU want in there will be there if you allow it.

MGM.mommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Your mother is just being mean. You can have HER kicked out of the birthing room, and the hospital if that is what you want. If she's stressing you out during your birth, doctors will make her leave. Dr's and hospitals consider you an adult when you're pregnant, you sign your own things, you make decisions. Even to get on birth control you don't need your mothers permission.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)