Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What do you do with a 4 month old at midnight?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 19 Replies

apparently...

DANCE

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Put them in bed and snuggle :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
duckymommy1118
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
The baby swing was a life saver with my son.
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I couldn't do either of those because she was all smiley, then cranky when I put her down.  And the swing is in our bedroom, where her dad was sleeping to get up for work at 4am.

She got her shots yesterday, and always sleeps right after them, so I think her schedule just got messed up.  We didn't have fun for long, she got super cranky and I couldn't do anything about it :(

duckymommy1118
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM
My son has trouble sleeping sometimes after shots. Legs could be hurting from them. Did she have any baby Tylenol?
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

A little, some gripe water too, shes been gassy the last few nights so it could have just been that.  She also didn't poop yesterday, or today yet. she usually poops once a day. poor thing has all kinds of problems. lol

Quoting duckymommy1118:

My son has trouble sleeping sometimes after shots. Legs could be hurting from them. Did she have any baby Tylenol?

duckymommy1118
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Hahha weird my son did that when he was just a few weeks old. Didn't poop for days and doctors told me it was normal. Rubbing his lower back helped and laying him on his back and bending his legs up and kinda moving them around also help. Kinda helps to get things moving.

Quoting emilyelephant:

A little, some gripe water too, shes been gassy the last few nights so it could have just been that.  She also didn't poop yesterday, or today yet. she usually poops once a day. poor thing has all kinds of problems. lol

Quoting duckymommy1118:

corkysunshine
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
We give our 5 Mon a vapor baby bath wash and give her a massage after dim lights and sing to her or read with classical or k love station playing hope this helps! Also after shots if you nurse your Lil one I nurse my daughter frequently after shots it soothes them :) good luck
Pamela.V.Shoe
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:21 AM

This is what I use to do with my little girl when she was that age:

1st I would try just giving her the pacifier and maybe rubbing her back or running your fingers over her brow or hand over her hair and then leaving the room.  If she gets too cranky I would draw her a nice bath to calm her down then read her a few books in a lulling tone of voice and put her down.  If you can buy one of those ceiling projector music boxes....LIFE SAVER!!! ^_^

Also, I would use the swing only if you are at the point where you are about to blow your brains! Because the swing can actually encourage her not wanting to go to sleep.  She needs to be able to sooth herself to sleep.  But if my baby was 4 month again I would just take her to bed with me and cuddle ^_^ I miss that.

Pamela.V.Shoe
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Best advice I ever got was scheduling her immunizations in the afternoon and always give her a bath that night  where you can massage the are when she got the shots at.  She will usually be smiling but that just because they catch a "second wind" when I put my baby down she is usually smiling. She looks around for a bit then turns on her side and falls asleep.

Quoting emilyelephant:

I couldn't do either of those because she was all smiley, then cranky when I put her down.  And the swing is in our bedroom, where her dad was sleeping to get up for work at 4am.

She got her shots yesterday, and always sleeps right after them, so I think her schedule just got messed up.  We didn't have fun for long, she got super cranky and I couldn't do anything about it :(

Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I wish it was that easy with my son but he will just cry and cry then wind up choking on his slobber. Hes been doing it since we came home from the hospital.

Quoting cemcnair:

Put them in bed and snuggle :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)