Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Ok I'm getting old and need your opinion

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 35 Replies
It's been a long time since I've been a young mother my dd is 12 years old now. During the years of raising her alone I struggled w school money dating etc it was very hard long story short I finally found a man I love and got hitched life is good.

Here's the question my husband has a good friend and his step daughter got preggers at 14 had the baby at 15 and now is 16 dd is 11 months old she doesn't work and her parents take care of the baby like its their child. Now she is Preggo again !!! She wants to get married and live at her parents house ( which will never happen) and her stepdad is freaking out because he feels responsible to help pay to raise these children! . Is this normal in today's world? Are multiple teenage pregnancies that common or do you think she was trying to get pregnant ? Both kids have the same dad he is 25

Just wanting to understand how she feels so I can try to help my husband talk with her step dad
Thanks ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
miley113012
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
That is not normal someone needs to put there foot down and let her know how it really is..
kary1124
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:38 AM

wow! why is she hanging around a 25 yr old? i know a girl that has had 3 kids, they are 5, 2, and 1 and she just turned 19 in october...

AubreeG16
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Wow.... I would not let her be around any boys. But my sister Kaila turned 18 in December and has a 3 year old and a 1 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Well, if they won't put the 25 year old in jail for having sex with their 14 year old, at least make him take responsibility! No, it isn't normal, but increasingly common.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
No way
The father needs to make her raise her babies or she will NEVER understand the consequences of her actions
Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Thanks for the advice we find the girls dad coming to us for answers because he is so stressed and honestly I've been afraid to say anything ! I raised my dd alone I had no family or help of any kind even when I got married I was still flipping out over " what if" I got Preggo she doesn't have this mentality at all

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

No way

The father needs to make her raise her babies or she will NEVER understand the consequences of her actions
Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM
She was 15 when she delivered the baby our state says that's old enough to consent

Quoting N_maricle:

Well, if they won't put the 25 year old in jail for having sex with their 14 year old, at least make him take responsibility! No, it isn't normal, but increasingly common.
Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Not putting anyone down. Have you asked her why ? 2 kids that young is so hard to provide for! Did she try to get pregnant the second time? Or? Does she not see the life she's missing?

Quoting AubreeG16:

Wow.... I would not let her be around any boys. But my sister Kaila turned 18 in December and has a 3 year old and a 1 year old.
Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I don't understand why this is happening? Is it because like our friend the minors parents is raising the baby? Is it a education on teaching girls how to take more precautions ?

Quoting kary1124:

wow! why is she hanging around a 25 yr old? i know a girl that has had 3 kids, they are 5, 2, and 1 and she just turned 19 in october...

Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
She doesn't want anything to do with the 11 month old she wants to date and be in high school and act like she's 16 ...., and she's pregnant yet again! What should her parents do? They are raising the babies not her ! We can't even have date night ( we use to double date every Friday night) because the parents can't count on her to be home and take care of her own kid !
How could this change ?

Quoting miley113012:

That is not normal someone needs to put there foot down and let her know how it really is..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN