Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Does being a young mom make you a boring person?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

So, I just started winter quarter at my local community college. My math teacher had us tell something interesting about ourselves..and I litterly could not think of a thing that is interesting about myself.

I've been a mom since I graduated highschool. Thats all I know how to do practically. I was a SAHM for almost 4 years, then i had my son and went to work part time retail. I said the most interesting thing about me is that I have my two kids and I had them both very young. The most intresting part of my day is when my daughter, son, and I hang out at home, but most of the people my age would go crazy doing such a thing.

So, my teacher said that having two kids isn't interesting and I needed to think of something else to say tomorrow. FFF.... I really dont know. What makes you interesting?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ms.Sunshine6612
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM
3 moms liked this

give him the whole story. Birth, gory details and all. Tell him the crap you deal with on  daily basis and ask him "is THAT interesting enough?!" lol I'd really let him have it....

corkysunshine
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Having babies is always interesting they blow your mind every second of the day more interesting then a math teacher ! Lol plus your not boring your priorities are just different :) its interesting everyday because you created life can your teacher say that? What's not interesting about creating life and molding a beautiful mind isn't that why you become a teacher to mold minds? Eh blah ask your teacher what's so interesting bout his life lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

yea just because your a mom doesnt make you boring. and imo your teacher was wrong to say that. really who is he to judge what you think is interesting about yourself. and i agree with ms. sunshine, the nastier the better. and i think that a boring person is a boring person kids or not.

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I dont think becoming a mom makes any woman boring maybe different from what you were before but denfitely not boring!personally i would of give him the finger but my parents educated me better than that! I agree with the people above tell them every gorry detail! Guys like your math teacher dont understand whats having a child is like!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
"I pushed something the size of a bowling ball out my hooha! How's that for interesting?!"

Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamasita0217
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Ms.Sunshine6612:

give him the whole story. Birth, gory details and all. Tell him the crap you deal with on  daily basis and ask him "is THAT interesting enough?!" lol I'd really let him have it....

You're not boring, your teacher is an a**hole.  

Emiliush
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM

WOW! Thats rude!!!!!!!! is your teacher a guy??? cuz telling people at your class that you had both kids at a young age..  is interesting!!! cuz they didnt know about it. I also thought of telling that I had my kid three weeks ago, but my teachers didnt ask that!! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)