Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

baby shower blues

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my hubby is talking about planning the baby shower and I'm just not that excited for it. not only that, he doesnt want my family coming. so Idk. I feel like I should be excited and start planning but I'm just not that interested, and feel like it might be a bust. just need some encouragement. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
violet21
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM
How come he doesn't want yur family coming?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ciaodarlings
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM
If it's YOUR family then it's not his decision whether they come or not.
Hanab818
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
It's your family therefore their grandchild, nice/nephew, cousin. They have every right to be there. Unless he wants to throw 2 showers one for him and one for your family and him not be at that one. And I didn't have a shower with either of my kids. It was just something I didn't want and I made sure that everyone respected that even dh. Instead my mom spent what would of been shower money on a nice travel stroller system.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Tell him you want them there...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinny25
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM

theres been drama between my family and him thats why, he doesnt trust my family besides, its not like someone is throwing me the shower, were the ones planning for it and paying for everything. I know he wants to do it because were really tight on money and could use all the help we can, especially since this time its a girl and we have no girl stuff at all. I'm just on the fence about it. 

fe3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

i feel the same way. i dontwant a baby shower i just dont feel like it right now jst bring me gifts if u like

bqt
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

i was all hormonal and and i didn't want itd cranky when my mom and cousins decided to throw me a shower but it was ok and i got lots of stuff i needed plus it made ppl feel happy to come and give their best wishes. actually then i had a second shower cuz my folks and inlaws don't really got along so i got two. maybe if you want you can have two separate one. and don't worry about cost i thru my best friend a baby shower a few years ago for $80 since we were both really tight on money and it was a huge success just be creative.

bqt
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM

p.s. even if he doesn't like them/trust them they would still be giving you free stuff just something to think about /bring up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN