Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel so bad :(

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
Me and my little girl (22 months) were playing an she jumped on my back an wrapped her arms above my shoulders for me to grab them so i did an leaned forward kind of like a piggy back buy were sitting down. Well while were doing that she likes it when i move her side to side and all of a sudden i heat a little pop and she starts crying. Now she isnt moving her left arm and when its touched a little or moved she starts crying again. I feel so bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bonniexoxo
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I think a lot of moms do things like that on accident. I remember when my niece was little, I was carrying her on my shoulders and I hit her head on the light. Big ol' red mark on her forehead for a few days. Blessings to you, hope she feels better!

Pamela.V.Shoe
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Did you take her to the ER? There might be something dislocated or broken.  Don't worry about it. We all rough house with our kiddos. It's not like you did it to hurt her you were just playing with her. Don't feel bad or guilty it happens. Just make sure it's nothing serious. My friend's little girl was playing in her old car seat and  fell over. She started crying ad her mom consoled her. She also wasn't moving her arm and my friend didn't think anything of it.  Later that day my friend's mom came over and noticed that she wasn't moving her arm and put the baby on her tummy.  She was an amazing crawler at this time and she wasn't even pushing herself up.  They took her to her Dr. and sure enough her arm was broken.

cothmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:06 AM

it doesnt take much to hurt little ones it was a mistake so dont feel bad my son and i were rough housing and i threw him up in the air and grabbed him when i did i grabbed to hard and he had a hand print bruise on his side for about three days i felt sosooooo bad

babid14
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Yeah i did it was called nursemaids elbow.. it happena in toddler when they have a sudden tug on their arm. Its like a little bone pops out of place the dr showed me how to pop it back in. Her arm is fine she started moving it and playing like nothing happened 10 minutes after it was poped back. I just cant hold that arm or even walk her holding that arm for 2 weeks till ot fully heals from.being sore

Quoting Pamela.V.Shoe:

Did you take her to the ER? There might be something dislocated or broken.  Don't worry about it. We all rough house with our kiddos. It's not like you did it to hurt her you were just playing with her. Don't feel bad or guilty it happens. Just make sure it's nothing serious. My friend's little girl was playing in her old car seat and  fell over. She started crying ad her mom consoled her. She also wasn't moving her arm and my friend didn't think anything of it.  Later that day my friend's mom came over and noticed that she wasn't moving her arm and put the baby on her tummy.  She was an amazing crawler at this time and she wasn't even pushing herself up.  They took her to her Dr. and sure enough her arm was broken.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justkdb
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

You probably dislocated her shoulder or elbow. Take her to the ER NOW

bshaw913
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
My oldest had this happen on 4 different occasions, the tendon slides inbetween the joint and it causes a lot of pain of course. She had it happen between 2 and 4 years old and hasn't since. We only had to get it reset once and the other times she managed to move it back herself on the way to the er. There have been no long term effects and her joints have gotten much more stable around 5. I felt terrible too, but know that as she was older she said it didn't hurt at all after it was put back, so she will be fine :)

Quoting babid14:

Yeah i did it was called nursemaids elbow.. it happena in toddler when they have a sudden tug on their arm. Its like a little bone pops out of place the dr showed me how to pop it back in. Her arm is fine she started moving it and playing like nothing happened 10 minutes after it was poped back. I just cant hold that arm or even walk her holding that arm for 2 weeks till ot fully heals from.being sore

Quoting Pamela.V.Shoe:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babid14
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I did take her to the ER. I didnt brake it or anything its called nursemaids elbow it happens in toddlers her age it just needs to be popped back. She was moving it like nothing happened when we pulled into the ER but i took her in anyway.

Quoting Justkdb:

You probably dislocated her shoulder or elbow. Take her to the ER NOW

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babid14
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Yeah i felt so bad. She is moving her arm and acting like it was hurt in the 1st place. Im glad it wasnt bad. Atleast i know how it happens and what to do in case it happens again.

Quoting bshaw913:

My oldest had this happen on 4 different occasions, the tendon slides inbetween the joint and it causes a lot of pain of course. She had it happen between 2 and 4 years old and hasn't since. We only had to get it reset once and the other times she managed to move it back herself on the way to the er. There have been no long term effects and her joints have gotten much more stable around 5. I felt terrible too, but know that as she was older she said it didn't hurt at all after it was put back, so she will be fine :)

Quoting babid14:

Quoting Pamela.V.Shoe:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)