Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What age is inappropriate to bathe with your child?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 39 Replies

Hi, I was just wondering what age everyone thinks is too old to be getting a bath or shower with their children? I was wondering for both sexes also.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Puberty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
feliciasmith
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:07 PM

my dd is turned 2 in oct and we still shower together. She's never showered with my dh

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm still nursing my 2 1/2 year old, lol! He sees me naked and vice versa daily. It is not weird at all for a two year old IMO.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I plan to nurse to two or later. I occasionally shower with my 16 month old. My 4 and 5 year olds see me nurse without a cover but they are a bit too curious and for me personally it wouldn't feel right being naked around them or bathing naked with them. They can bathe alone now anyway. I don't care what others do though.

Quoting cemcnair:

I'm still nursing my 2 1/2 year old, lol! He sees me naked and vice versa daily. It is not weird at all for a two year old IMO.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Exactly. Ds1 who's 2 sees me nurse the baby daily. And i help him when he pottys. And when I am in a bind and need to shower the kids will be in the bathroom with me and their toys. Ds1 will hop in the shower with me. It's a toss if he gets undressed first tho. I think at 4 to 5 then Yea that's weird but def not 2

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sammiexo176
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I was just wondering because i know when i was little it was normal for parents to bathe with their children past the age of two, or atleast i am pretty sure, and nowadays i see parents who think its just  wrong to do it period, my son is almost two and i shower with him all the time as it is easier and faster especially on the days i have to go to work. Im glad i am not alone with this.

HPfanatic
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it's ever really inappropriate, the child will grow out of it.
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I get it, everyone has different comfort levels :) it would just be impossible at this point for us not to bathe together at least some of the time.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

I plan to nurse to two or later. I occasionally shower with my 16 month old. My 4 and 5 year olds see me nurse without a cover but they are a bit too curious and for me personally it wouldn't feel right being naked around them or bathing naked with them. They can bathe alone now anyway. I don't care what others do though.

Quoting cemcnair:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)