Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

What age is inappropriate to bathe with your child?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, I was just wondering what age everyone thinks is too old to be getting a bath or shower with their children? I was wondering for both sexes also.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
aydensmom94
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it has to do with age. I think when your kid can point to ur genitals with curiosity..it's done. I bathed with my child until he was 2, the minute he grabbed my breast and laughed it was solo time lol

britnipaige
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I personally feel that in the case of father daughter it should end as soon as she's can walk (toddler). My uncle took showers with my cousin until she was 4 and it caused ALOT of problems with certain people. I think it's different for mothers...probably around 2 is when it should end. Maybe 3 (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KlingyMomma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Hmmmm. Good question. I've rarely bathed with my children, but I do get dressed around them. My kids are 5, 3, 2, and 6 months. I also nurse my baby aroubd them. I guess when it starts to ferl weird I will stop? My mom still gets dressed around me occasionally and I've talked to her while shes bathing... but she would never do that with my brother around lol
Nicole.Brown
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I took a bath with my mom until i was like 3 and a half i think. I NEVER took a bath or anything like that with my dad. My daughter can take a bath with me until she is 3 and a half or 4, but she has never and will never bathe with my husband. There is an almost 2 year old in the town next to mine that bathes with her "dad" and now she wont keep her hands off of everyone's genitals or butts.

GremlinMom
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM
IDK, I've only showered with my 8 month old. the twins (almost 2) are scared of it and prefer to bathe with each other. IDK how long I will bathe with the baby. Until he does something to make it uncomfortable I guess. Their dad refuses to be naked around them o.O
sammiexo176
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I think that has something more to it then just bathing with the father, my son is almost two and we still take showers together as his father is on the other side of the country atm and i cant leave him alone while i shower because he tends to get into stuff. He does not try to touch other peoples genitals or butts. Even with me the most he will do its point to my boob then point to his little man boob lmfao. Has there ever been anything mentioned to anyone about this as there just seems to be more to it then what is said is going on.

Quoting Nicki1995:

I took a bath with my mom until i was like 3 and a half i think. I NEVER took a bath or anything like that with my dad. My daughter can take a bath with me until she is 3 and a half or 4, but she has never and will never bathe with my husband. There is an almost 2 year old in the town next to mine that bathes with her "dad" and now she wont keep her hands off of everyone's genitals or butts.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Yeah, i think there may have been something going on also, but we havent had anything to do with them in a looong time, so i dont know what has happened to the poor child. No one has said anything about it. She will do it to anyone (mostly men)

Quoting sammiexo176:

I think that has something more to it then just bathing with the father, my son is almost two and we still take showers together as his father is on the other side of the country atm and i cant leave him alone while i shower because he tends to get into stuff. He does not try to touch other peoples genitals or butts. Even with me the most he will do its point to my boob then point to his little man boob lmfao. Has there ever been anything mentioned to anyone about this as there just seems to be more to it then what is said is going on.

Quoting Nicki1995:

sammiexo176
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Sounds like cps needs to be called to make sure everything is normal. It just sounds like there is something strange going on there. I mean yes it is normal for kids to be interested in body parts but not like that. Like my son since he was an infant has always had a thing for putting his hands on womens breast but it stopped after a little while. For a child to be always doing that especially to men could mean there is something nasty going on behind closed doors. I wonder if there are any other signs that something could be going on.

Quotig Nicki1995:

Yeah, i think there may have been something going on also, but we havent had anything to do with them in a looong time, so i dont know what has happened to the poor child. No one has said anything about it. She will do it to anyone (mostly men)

Quoting sammiexo176:

Quoting Nicki1995:

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM

When men that she didnt know would come around, she would always panic and try to run and hide. The woman that has her isnt even related to her. She said that she adopted the child with the father's signature, but wouldnt you need the mother's too? I know nothing about adoption, but if this woman adopted this child, then why was the mother constantly trying to get the child back?

Quoting sammiexo176:

Sounds like cps needs to be called to make sure everything is normal. It just sounds like there is something strange going on there. I mean yes it is normal for kids to be interested in body parts but not like that. Like my son since he was an infant has always had a thing for putting his hands on womens breast but it stopped after a little while. For a child to be always doing that especially to men could mean there is something nasty going on behind closed doors. I wonder if there are any other signs that something could be going on.

Quotig Nicki1995:

Quoting sammiexo176:

Quoting Nicki1995:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)