Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My fiance's mom make being a family really hard.

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ever since my fiance and I got to get together we have had a strange relationship. We actually met on like online and really fell for each other. He moved from Missouri to ohio to be with me, and Iknow that was hard for them and him. But since then (2010) his mother has really hated me. She wont say anything to my face but she puts rude facebook comments about me all the time. They never had  a good relationship she made him move out at 16 . I really want to marry this guy, he really made me a happier person. But she really does not like me and I dont want to have all these fights about how his mom treats me. She also feels everything is about her i told her i really wanted to have the time in the hospital to be with my fiance and son. But with in 12 hours of birth she was in ohio (13 hour drive). The day we got out of the hospital she demanded we go out to dinner. And expected my 4 day old son to go out to. I live by cleveland  and in october its realy cold. She got so upset the when we came to missouri for thanksgiving(my son was only a month and hated the drive) i was not a perky happy person .This was because i had to miss being with my mom (she gets every other holiday off)and my 18th birthday to go there. I  was nice and didn't do anything mean I just was really lonely.

How do i get my fiance to get that it really upsets me or to get her to stop. I don't want to have a bad relationship with her but i want her to treat me better,am I just stuck or being silly. My fiance just tells me she does this to everyone yet that doesn't seem to be true. Please help.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Welcome to the group!  I think that you and your fiance just need to work things out, agree to a holiday schedule that will work for your new family.  Also, I'd let him be the one to tell her how what she's doing is hurtful, because if it comes from you to her it's only going to make things harder.

(((hug))) and congrats on your engagement and new little guy.

Quoting snyderallie57:

Ever since my fiance and I got to get together we have had a strange relationship. We actually met on like online and really fell for each other. He moved from Missouri to ohio to be with me, and Iknow that was hard for them and him. But since then (2010) his mother has really hated me. She wont say anything to my face but she puts rude facebook comments about me all the time. They never had  a good relationship she made him move out at 16 . I really want to marry this guy, he really made me a happier person. But she really does not like me and I dont want to have all these fights about how his mom treats me. She also feels everything is about her i told her i really wanted to have the time in the hospital to be with my fiance and son. But with in 12 hours of birth she was in ohio (13 hour drive). The day we got out of the hospital she demanded we go out to dinner. And expected my 4 day old son to go out to. I live by cleveland  and in october its realy cold. She got so upset the when we came to missouri for thanksgiving(my son was only a month and hated the drive) i was not a perky happy person .This was because i had to miss being with my mom (she gets every other holiday off)and my 18th birthday to go there. I  was nice and didn't do anything mean I just was really lonely.

How do i get my fiance to get that it really upsets me or to get her to stop. I don't want to have a bad relationship with her but i want her to treat me better,am I just stuck or being silly. My fiance just tells me she does this to everyone yet that doesn't seem to be true. Please help.

jakesmom323
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Welcome to MILs;) If you get married, you marry the fam too. My MIL was a nightmare for almost 5 years but it's better now. Honestly, you live so far apart and FB is only linking you, so block her and say you cancelled FB and she lives far away. Consider yourself lucky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snyderallie57
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Thank you :) and pray we work it out eventualy .hopefully before we move ther within the next few years.

BUFFIE.the.BODY
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You have to just except the fact that most guys moms are stuckup bitches for no reason and she's just one of the moms verses others. I love my MIL to death so I really can't understand your situation but I feel what you're saying. My grandmother (my fathers mom) hated my mother with a passion & I have always grown to know most women are ass holes or just down right evil women for no reason. It's not your fault that she hasn't cut the cord yet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
snyderallie57
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

the most crazy part is he is one of 8 he has four siblingsbetween 7-13 uner him  i wish that she could focus on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN