Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

New Single Teen Mommy

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
  • 47 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hey everyone! 

My name is Payton, and I'm 16.  I just gave birth to my daughter Annabelle a month ago on December 21.  I'm a sinlge Mom, her Dad isn't involved, but knows she's his, and knows everything that went on, and everything that's going on, he chooses not to be here physically (mostly I think it's because were so young, and he's scared)  I joined this so I could talk to other teen moms out there, because no one understands your situation unless they're in it.  My Mom was a teen mom, but things have changed since then, so she can't really relate completely.  I just need somewhere to vent where I won't get the lecture, you know which one I'm talking about "Well you shouldn't have had sex...you should've been safer...this is what you get for having a kid so young...blah blah blah"  

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol Well welcome. I had my daughter when i was 16. I am 17 and married. My daughter is 9 months old. We planned her, and everyone was happy about it though, so we didnt get a lecture. =) Anyway, i hope you enjoy the group!

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Everyone in my family was super excited (besides my mom)... although she was DEFINITELY not planned. lol.  But I couldn't imagine life without her. I never considered myself a normal teen anyways, so whenever people ask me what it's like to be a teen mom, I'm like "I don't feel like a teen mom, I've always felt like an adult"  I've never been really "social" , and I ahted my school, and the people in it, so I was ahppy to get out of there.  I don't feel like being a teen mom is as hard as people make it seem... but that could be just me. 

Quoting Nicki1995:

Lol Well welcome. I had my daughter when i was 16. I am 17 and married. My daughter is 9 months old. We planned her, and everyone was happy about it though, so we didnt get a lecture. =) Anyway, i hope you enjoy the group!

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, exactly. I was the same way, and i dont see how being a teen mom is so hard either. I just consider myself as a mom, and i feel like iv been mothering for years lol Iv always felt so much older than my actual age.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Everyone in my family was super excited (besides my mom)... although she was DEFINITELY not planned. lol.  But I couldn't imagine life without her. I never considered myself a normal teen anyways, so whenever people ask me what it's like to be a teen mom, I'm like "I don't feel like a teen mom, I've always felt like an adult"  I've never been really "social" , and I ahted my school, and the people in it, so I was ahppy to get out of there.  I don't feel like being a teen mom is as hard as people make it seem... but that could be just me. 

Quoting Nicki1995:

Chillisarah
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi Payton, welcome to the group.  Congrats on having Annabelle!  very pretty name :-)

Justine1993
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats hun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kenzie1817
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I'm Mackenzie(: I'm also a teen mother so I can relate to your story. This is a great group to be a part of!!

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Im judy im 20 not technically a teen but i was pregnant at 17 and lost the baby then got pregnant again at 19 had my son in nov so i can sorta relate tho congrats on your daughter !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misserica91
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Everyone feels like they have to put their say in what is wrong w/ the picture. They have to accept the situation as it is because people make mistakes. Things happen. But you'll get through it. Especially she's only a month old. People will let go of the subject of you being too young. There's girls who's had babies at 14. & it's hard to adjust for anyone who's a teenager being a mom. it's stressful but I mean give him his space & let him come around when he feels ready to go. That's all I gotta say. You'll make it.<3

BentleyManoula
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group, Payton! :) I'm 18 and have a newborn baby named Bentley. The father isn't in the picture (nor ever will be) so I can imagine what you're going through. That's a pretty name! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Thank you :) it's nice to see another perso who is single as well. I can relate to other teen moms, but not as good as when the father is involved, because they have another set of hands, another brain, another person there helping while I don't.

Quoting BentleyManoula:

Welcome to the group, Payton! :) I'm 18 and have a newborn baby named Bentley. The father isn't in the picture (nor ever will be) so I can imagine what you're going through. That's a pretty name! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN