Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Hey everyone! 

My name is Payton, and I'm 16.  I just gave birth to my daughter Annabelle a month ago on December 21.  I'm a sinlge Mom, her Dad isn't involved, but knows she's his, and knows everything that went on, and everything that's going on, he chooses not to be here physically (mostly I think it's because were so young, and he's scared)  I joined this so I could talk to other teen moms out there, because no one understands your situation unless they're in it.  My Mom was a teen mom, but things have changed since then, so she can't really relate completely.  I just need somewhere to vent where I won't get the lecture, you know which one I'm talking about "Well you shouldn't have had sex...you should've been safer...this is what you get for having a kid so young...blah blah blah"  

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (41-47):
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Thank you :) My boy friend is taking Annabelle's father's spot since he doesn't want anything to do with her... he wanted me to give her up for adoption and he was really mad I decided to keep her, but I don't really care because all my friends who are adopted have been abused/left to basically raise themselves and all ahve major problems and have really bad relationships with both sets of parents, and almost all of my friends are adopted... so I thought it was better for annabelle to be with one parent, and a man who is a father figure, than be raised by strangers, then left wondering why she wasn't raised by her biological parents. Congrats on your children as well!

Quoting Proud-mommy-of2:

Welcome Payton! I'm Magie :) I'm 18 and just had my son on the 7th & his name is Bentley. The father is in the picture & we are engaged. I also have a 2 going on 3 yearold daughter named dahlia and I had her at 15 but her father is in jail cause I was 15 and he was 20. My family weren't so happy about me being pregnant with my daughter alot of ppl called me a whore .. But my fiancé stepped up & took my daughters dad spot as helping me raise her. I got pregnant with my son a month after my daughter turned 2 and 2 months before I turned 18. I love my family. And I think you picked a very pretty name for your daughter:) congrats & enjoy being a mommy!

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

thank you! :)

Quoting mum2beJen:

Welcome to the group:) I'm sure you will be just as brilliant mother with or without the father around!!

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM

there's no way I'd ever give up on school, I've been a total nerd my whole life and i LOVE school, no amtter how hard it is I love it. plus i need it for my daughter and I to have a good life , it's one of the most important things in my life right now. no worries in that area (:

Quoting SpOtTeRzChiCk89:

I had my first at 16. My biggest mistake was going to college and then taking a break to deal with "family issues"... 3 years later I haven't finished my degree yet. Don't do that lol

Tamara622
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Hello! I'm tamara I am 18 with a 7 month old, got pregnant at 17. I am always here if yu need to talk about anything!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
childofgod04
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Welcome :) I was a teen mom but not that young. I was 19 when I had my son and I'm 20 now! I don't like the ones who judge teen mommies. If you care for your child and know your priorities then theres nothing wrong with it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Welcome to the group! I'm Rose. I was 15 when I got pregnant and had my daughter. It was hard. I was in an extremely abusive relationship with her father. Getting pregnant was what finally gave me the courage to leave. It was a horrible situation and it took a long time for me to deal with it, and feel any attachment or love towards my daughter. She's the light of my life. She's 7 now. I was a single mom until she was nearly 3, when I met the man who is now my husband, and the father of my children. I have 4 now, my daughter who is 7, our 2 year old son, 13 month old daughter, and 3 week old adopted son. It's hard now, I know, but you will get there. If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me!

ProudMommaBear
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Thank you! I'm working my butt off for her, it's like i never stop working.  But I think about the reward I will get and how proud I will be when I accomplish things in my life, like right nwo my main goal is graduating and starting college.  My next goal after that is to graduate with my Bachelor's degree, and after that will be to get a steady, good paying job with job security. The after that will be getting married, growing my family etc.  and after that I don't know.  It's nice having goals to work toward and knowing each goal is going to help my daughter have a better life, my parents were teen parents, and I have had a pretty unstable life financially, and have seen my parents struggle a LOT and have seen their marriage go through so much stress and pressure because of our financial issues since my mom got her GED but my Dad went to college and has a great paying job, but with the recession and horrible economy when i was in middle school he was in and out of a job constantly, just this past year things finally got back to normal.  I don't want my child/future children to have to feel the burden of financial issues like I did, because no matter what my parents did, I felt that stress myself with finances, and I felt horrible because I couldn't do anything being a child myself.  

Quoting rosekit:

Welcome to the group! I'm Rose. I was 15 when I got pregnant and had my daughter. It was hard. I was in an extremely abusive relationship with her father. Getting pregnant was what finally gave me the courage to leave. It was a horrible situation and it took a long time for me to deal with it, and feel any attachment or love towards my daughter. She's the light of my life. She's 7 now. I was a single mom until she was nearly 3, when I met the man who is now my husband, and the father of my children. I have 4 now, my daughter who is 7, our 2 year old son, 13 month old daughter, and 3 week old adopted son. It's hard now, I know, but you will get there. If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN