Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Hey everyone! 

My name is Payton, and I'm 16.  I just gave birth to my daughter Annabelle a month ago on December 21.  I'm a sinlge Mom, her Dad isn't involved, but knows she's his, and knows everything that went on, and everything that's going on, he chooses not to be here physically (mostly I think it's because were so young, and he's scared)  I joined this so I could talk to other teen moms out there, because no one understands your situation unless they're in it.  My Mom was a teen mom, but things have changed since then, so she can't really relate completely.  I just need somewhere to vent where I won't get the lecture, you know which one I'm talking about "Well you shouldn't have had sex...you should've been safer...this is what you get for having a kid so young...blah blah blah"  

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Thank you :)

Quoting Misserica91:

Everyone feels like they have to put their say in what is wrong w/ the picture. They have to accept the situation as it is because people make mistakes. Things happen. But you'll get through it. Especially she's only a month old. People will let go of the subject of you being too young. There's girls who's had babies at 14. & it's hard to adjust for anyone who's a teenager being a mom. it's stressful but I mean give him his space & let him come around when he feels ready to go. That's all I gotta say. You'll make it.<3

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Thank you :)

Quoting Chillisarah:

Hi Payton, welcome to the group.  Congrats on having Annabelle!  very pretty name :-)

BentleyManoula
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I know! :) I'm here for you if you need anything. :)

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Thank you :) it's nice to see another perso who is single as well. I can relate to other teen moms, but not as good as when the father is involved, because they have another set of hands, another brain, another person there helping while I don't.

Quoting BentleyManoula:

Welcome to the group, Payton! :) I'm 18 and have a newborn baby named Bentley. The father isn't in the picture (nor ever will be) so I can imagine what you're going through. That's a pretty name! :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KristaElizabeth
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:05 AM
I wasn't a teen mom but I was young. I was 20 when I found out I was pg with DS I'm 21 now and he is2 months.
I hope you find advice and guidance in this group.
Jacylove
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Hey :) I'm Christina I'm 19 and my lil girl was born dec 11 id love to chat with you! Our daughters are close in age :)
Sammi20
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Welcome to the group! Look out for trolls!

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Yes! I'd love to talk, I don't know many people with kids around her age :)

Quoting Jacylove:

Hey :) I'm Christina I'm 19 and my lil girl was born dec 11 id love to chat with you! Our daughters are close in age :)

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello. My names Marci. I had my son when I was 18 and freshly out of high school. I know what you mean by not feeling any different just because you are a teen mommy. :) I hate that every one judges all teen mom's from the bad story's in the news. Its a shame! But if u ever need to talk! Message me.
JoaquinsMommie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome To CM! I Had My Son At 15 And Now I'm 18 And My Son Is 2 My Name Is Quinna And I'm Engaged To His Father We Been Together For 3yrs Now It Will Be 4 In July So I'm Really Pumped Abt IT...........I Hope You Find Some Really Interested Things On This Site I Know I Did IF You Want To Chat Feel Free To Inbox ME

coltonsmomma13
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Hi I'm new to this site too! 

I haven't yet had my son, he should be here very soon though! I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and I'm 19. Not so much a teen, but still very young, and the father is not, and never will be apart of my son's life. The only time he will ever see his son is when the court orders it, and they will be supervised visits. So I know how you feel about being single mommy. Mine isn't even here yet and setting up the nursery and doing other stuff alone being this pregnant, is already hard on me! Especially since I also don't have my mother around, just my dad. /;

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN