Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Hey everyone! 

My name is Payton, and I'm 16.  I just gave birth to my daughter Annabelle a month ago on December 21.  I'm a sinlge Mom, her Dad isn't involved, but knows she's his, and knows everything that went on, and everything that's going on, he chooses not to be here physically (mostly I think it's because were so young, and he's scared)  I joined this so I could talk to other teen moms out there, because no one understands your situation unless they're in it.  My Mom was a teen mom, but things have changed since then, so she can't really relate completely.  I just need somewhere to vent where I won't get the lecture, you know which one I'm talking about "Well you shouldn't have had sex...you should've been safer...this is what you get for having a kid so young...blah blah blah"  

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
prdmomnarmywife
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

thats awesome! i am so glad to hear that ! so many young teens use having a baby as an excuse not to go to school anymore. or they decide it doesn't matter . its so sad. you seem like you have a great mind set :)  congrats again on your little one . don't forget to take TONS of pics !! if you ever have a question even if you may think it's silly just let me know . I now have a 5 year old and a 5 week old , i'll help you the best i can . i know how hard it can be at times . it's still hard for me now at times, even though i am no longer 17. take care.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

I am one VERY determined girl, I will NEVER EVER EVER give up on school or anything like that, i need it like you said, to provide better for my child.  I am so not a party type of person either, I don't like that scene, I am home with Annabelle all day everyday.  The closest thing I'm ever getting to partying is going to my high school dance with my friends for a few hours lol. which isn't even a party, my parents just don't want me to miss out ont he big high school events like that.

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

I had my son at 17 and was a single mom until 19 when me and my husband got married ( not my first sons bio dad ). I felt the same as you when I was a teen and always felt ahead of the crowd and like an adult . I HATED. My school and everyone in it . They all sucked ! However I will tell you looking back (22 now) and I have my GED . I would give ANYTHING to be able to graduate and get an actual diploma . That will ALWAYS be my biggest regret in life . And it's not my sons fault I didn't finish . PLEASE no matter how dumb it may sound to you now , no matter how hard , or impossible if may seem , or how bad if may suck . Finish school while you still have the chance ! You may not think you will but you'll regret it for the rest of your life if you don't . And your child will be so proud of you when they are older , that even though you had them you still finished . Not to mention it'll help you greatly later on in life with being able to raise and provide for her. You'd be shocked at how much a GED is really frowned upon by businesses and colleges . It's sooo hard to provide the best for your child with out that simple piece of paper ! I still have a hell of a time getting a job , even with work experience . And am having a hell of a time getting Into college for nursing .

Please do not take this as a lecture it really isn't meant to be that . I am just telling you what I wish I knew then. Congrats on your baby ! And know even when it gets rough "this too shall pass" . And it goes sooo fast ! My oldest son is now 5 !!! I seriously can not believe it ! Cherish every moment ! Take TONS. Of pictures ! Do not let anyone get you down ! As long as you provide for your child and take care of her , instead of party and ignore her , then you are a great mother !!and you CAN do it without a man in the picture !

Take care ! If you have any questions feel free to ask !

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Everyone in my family was super excited (besides my mom)... although she was DEFINITELY not planned. lol.  But I couldn't imagine life without her. I never considered myself a normal teen anyways, so whenever people ask me what it's like to be a teen mom, I'm like "I don't feel like a teen mom, I've always felt like an adult"  I've never been really "social" , and I ahted my school, and the people in it, so I was ahppy to get out of there.  I don't feel like being a teen mom is as hard as people make it seem... but that could be just me. 

Quoting Nicki1995:

Lol Well welcome. I had my daughter when i was 16. I am 17 and married. My daughter is 9 months old. We planned her, and everyone was happy about it though, so we didnt get a lecture. =) Anyway, i hope you enjoy the group!

pregnancy

coltonsmomma13
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Yeah, I hope she can be soon! She's trying to get it to where she can work from home, so she can move back up here to Ohio. I will be so happy if she can, I need my family back together. I feel like my dad's really depressed without her /: We all are, she's our rock. Just pray for us please & keep your fingers crossed!! 

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

hopefully someday she can be around more :) idk how i would've went through labor without my mom! my dad was freaking out when i told him i needed to go to the hospital and my mom kept me calm and helped me breathe 

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

Thanks :). Same to you! And the only reason my mom's not really around is because I live in Ohio, and she lives 6 hours away in Tennessee. I talk to her every day and she's just as excited about my son as I am, but it's still hard to deal with a first time pregnancy, and only being 19 without my momma there /: 

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

i know exactly how you feel! When we first found out I was pregnant my Mom wasn't very supportive at all, so really I only coul count on my Dad.  After time went on and I actually had annabelle my mom was there for me, so now I ahve the both of them, but Annabelle's father will never be in ehr life, unless like you said, it's court ordered. I'm here if you need to talk :)

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

Hi I'm new to this site too! 

I haven't yet had my son, he should be here very soon though! I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and I'm 19. Not so much a teen, but still very young, and the father is not, and never will be apart of my son's life. The only time he will ever see his son is when the court orders it, and they will be supervised visits. So I know how you feel about being single mommy. Mine isn't even here yet and setting up the nursery and doing other stuff alone being this pregnant, is already hard on me! Especially since I also don't have my mother around, just my dad. /;

AubreeGrace17
by Aubree on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey, I'm Aubree and I'm 18. I have a ten month old son. Its nice to meet you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers girly. :)

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

Yeah, I hope she can be soon! She's trying to get it to where she can work from home, so she can move back up here to Ohio. I will be so happy if she can, I need my family back together. I feel like my dad's really depressed without her /: We all are, she's our rock. Just pray for us please & keep your fingers crossed!! 

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

hopefully someday she can be around more :) idk how i would've went through labor without my mom! my dad was freaking out when i told him i needed to go to the hospital and my mom kept me calm and helped me breathe 

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

Thanks :). Same to you! And the only reason my mom's not really around is because I live in Ohio, and she lives 6 hours away in Tennessee. I talk to her every day and she's just as excited about my son as I am, but it's still hard to deal with a first time pregnancy, and only being 19 without my momma there /: 

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

i know exactly how you feel! When we first found out I was pregnant my Mom wasn't very supportive at all, so really I only coul count on my Dad.  After time went on and I actually had annabelle my mom was there for me, so now I ahve the both of them, but Annabelle's father will never be in ehr life, unless like you said, it's court ordered. I'm here if you need to talk :)

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

I haven't yet had my son, he should be here very soon though! I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and I'm 19. Not so much a teen, but still very young, and the father is not, and never will be apart of my son's life. The only time he will ever see his son is when the court orders it, and they will be supervised visits. So I know how you feel about being single mommy. Mine isn't even here yet and setting up the nursery and doing other stuff alone being this pregnant, is already hard on me! Especially since I also don't have my mother around, just my dad. /;

coltonsmomma13
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Thank you very much :) 

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers girly. :)

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Quoting coltonsmomma13:

NataliaLinny
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Hi payton!:)

ihad my son at 15 and I was single for awhile until I met my current bf and got pregnant again but lost r baby but now we r so happy bc we want to ttc this time:) and congrats on your baby girl!beautiful name
Proud-mommy-of2
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Welcome Payton! I'm Magie :) I'm 18 and just had my son on the 7th & his name is Bentley. The father is in the picture & we are engaged. I also have a 2 going on 3 yearold daughter named dahlia and I had her at 15 but her father is in jail cause I was 15 and he was 20. My family weren't so happy about me being pregnant with my daughter alot of ppl called me a whore .. But my fiancé stepped up & took my daughters dad spot as helping me raise her. I got pregnant with my son a month after my daughter turned 2 and 2 months before I turned 18. I love my family. And I think you picked a very pretty name for your daughter:) congrats & enjoy being a mommy!
mum2beJen
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Welcome to the group:) I'm sure you will be just as brilliant mother with or without the father around!!
ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I'm sorry for youre loss :( but I'm glad you two are happy now! :)

Quoting NataliaLinny:

Hi payton!:)

ihad my son at 15 and I was single for awhile until I met my current bf and got pregnant again but lost r baby but now we r so happy bc we want to ttc this time:) and congrats on your baby girl!beautiful name

SpOtTeRzChiCk89
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
I had my first at 16. My biggest mistake was going to college and then taking a break to deal with "family issues"... 3 years later I haven't finished my degree yet. Don't do that lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)