Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a bad mom:(

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 20 Replies
Im so mad at myself! I gave in and had one ciggarette however you spell :( i feel very bad ughh :( no bashing please i feel down as it is....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Misserica91
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

It's okay to slip. It's normal. It's part of being human. Making mistakes  & you learn from them.

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I understand but it hurts nonetheless i stop smoking for so long for my son and it slipped i couldnt control myself i honestly feel lik bawling my eyes out good thing my son is sleeping in his crib right now so i can try to get rid of this smoke :(

Quoting Misserica91:

It's okay to slip. It's normal. It's part of being human. Making mistakes  & you learn from them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misserica91
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Honestly I think all you need to worry about is keeping the smoke away from him. Just keep trying. it's hard yes but you can do this. Chew gum. It helps. (:

Dday7
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It is ok i have one every now and then when i first had a sophia 3 years ago i was hard on my self too, but it is ok you need to let out you strees some how and if smoking every so often helps then so be it. If you still feel bad do 10 jumping jacks to feel like u did some thing good to balince you some thing bad. I hope you have a better night. Just rember you are a good person and a good mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM

This lol =)

Quoting Misserica91:

Honestly I think all you need to worry about is keeping the smoke away from him. Just keep trying. it's hard yes but you can do this. Chew gum. It helps. (:

proudmama11212
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Thanks i needed that i also heard about the electric cigarette helps many people quit but im not really sure

Quoting Misserica91:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLo1486
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I think you're being rather overdramatic. You slipped up. Move on from it. It has no bearing on you as a mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Smoking in the house?...We smoke outside...there is no excuse for smoking in a home where your baby is.  Sorry if I've misunderstood.

But yes, everyone slips up, I stopped smoking fortunately before I knew I was pregnant,it was the only thing that made me sick.  I started again a month pp and was so mad at myself.  I haven't tried to stop yet.

Quoting proudmama11212:

I understand but it hurts nonetheless i stop smoking for so long for my son and it slipped i couldnt control myself i honestly feel lik bawling my eyes out good thing my son is sleeping in his crib right now so i can try to get rid of this smoke :(

Quoting Misserica91:

Olivia11812
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I stopped smoking when I was pregnant and slipped up 1 month pp and now I have one maybe 2 a day....never in the house....and when baby is sleeping and hands get washed immediately after as well as changing shirt...don't worry it's fine don't be hard on yourself :) smile him its ok your not a bad mom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
megan91
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Not a big deal as long as you wash your hands and change your shirt...never around the child. If that is all you dl then dont be so hard on yourself. Just because you indulge every once in a while doesnt make you a bad mother...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)