Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

life.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

Alright im a new momma even thou its been a year since my son everything is still so hard. i had decided to give my mother gaurdianship of my son but then we had a fight and she got temporary custody. i go see him all the time i give my mom as much money as she needs. i wanna go to school but i feel if i do i wont be able to keep a job or go see my son. i just dont know how to balance evrything and i get so stressed out i just want to give up i love my son and i want to do whats right i just dont want to fail him either. i wouldnt even know where to start, how to balance it, nothing. i also feel like if i do any of the things i want to do to further my self in life that my son wont know who his momma is. but just a little info im 19 now and i work at a fast food reasturant. i feel so pathetic i wanna do more i just dont know where to begin. Any advice ill take anything at this point!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Creek_Momma
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Make a list of goals. Do you have yout own place? What do you want to go to school for? You could do an associates program that would allow you to work a job that might be a bit better while you do school online or night classes. Your son does need you though but he also doesn't need you to give up. Make your list then make a plan and potential timeline for each goal on that list. Sit down and figure out housing, childcare, school. Call some places, do some research. Maybe you can join the navy. I know they allow single parents. They may even pay for your school. I am joining next year. Good luck and keep your head up!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM
You need to do what's best for him but take it one step at a time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittbrat661
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You are just scared. though dealing with custody is hard, and making long term goals is even harder, going to school now is so much easier then it has ever been, they have half day classes, they work around schedules or better yet online. you have all the options now make the step. there is nothing wrong with working in fast food, but to give your son a better life, you need to get an education, i know its hard, i raised my son went to school and had a full time job, its exhausting, i didnt spend as much time with my son as i use to and i never thought i could make it but now here i am with a pharmacy tech degree, make good money and have plenty of time with my son.

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Doing something is better than just giving up.  You should go to school, I just started and I feel great about it.

mommabunny19
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM

thank you girls i very much apperciate it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)