Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How do you lose it.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 26 Replies
How is it that some moms go back to their normal bodies in just days. I got stuck with all the baby fat. How can I lose all the weight? Someone help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maria1613
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump! I'm in the same boat as you.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's some combination of good genes and how much weight the mom gained. Breastfeeding also helps a lot. I was one of the lucky ones, the weight pretty much came off with no effort, all I did was breastfeed and lost 32 lbs in one week.

Eat smaller, more frequenty meals, drink lots of water, and exercise once you have the ok from your dr. It took 9 months to gain the weight and for a lot of women it takes the same amount of time to lose it. Don't stress about it, just enjoy your baby. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't drop weight right away. Figure 9 months to gain 9 months to lose. I lost 70 pounds in 12 months by breastfeeding:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilyaniesmommy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I breast fed for 5 months and didn't lose anything
Miarose88
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:46 PM
It definitely has to do with genes. I too was one of the lucky ones, but I've always been like that. It's not fair to compare yourself to people who don't have to do anything to lose the weight. Keeping the baby weight is totally normal, do what you can, but enjoy your time with your little one. They're gonna see super mom no whether it not you can get all the weight off : )
marleylovesdrew
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM

im in the same boat, someone tell me too

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I've been breastfeeding 16.5 months and didn't start dropping weight for a while. You burn 500-800 calories breastfeeding so you must replace those calories (eating a minimum of 1800 calories a day.) If you don't replace them your body will hold onto the weight.

Quoting Ilyaniesmommy:

I breast fed for 5 months and didn't lose anything

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cfluker
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

me and you both i still have my baby fat from when i gave birth to my first born 5 years ago.. i got bigger over the years up and done with the weight... if theres a miracle to get it down in a week lmao i wish...  i would really try it out 

eds6619
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I didn't lose it quickly with first, but with my 2nd it seemed to fall off, but I was also nursing my 2nd.

Gamer_Chick_19
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
walking or jogging would help i guess. I dont know my body went right back to how it was before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)