Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

young teen mothers who are trying to keep there familys togeather

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
  • 18 Replies

hello my name is coco. i am 19 years old and i have a 9 month old son. i have been with my sons father for going onn now 5 years.were still togeather but its been a really long road.i guess what im trying to say is is there anyone out there who has been in the same situation ? and if so have you struggled with verbal abuse ? or being put down to where you feel worthless??? i need to know and would love to here some one elses story so i can open my eyes and smelll the coffee it would be great let me know

sincerly coco

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I havent been through that, but he doesnt need to treat you like that. I know that you want to keep your family together, but if he treats YOU like that, how will he treat your son?

Kenzie1817
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have not been through what you are going through, but I do know that is not how its supposed to be. He should be treating you like a princess, not trying to verbally abuse you. Like Nicki said think how he will treat your son. That is not okay. Unfortuantely sometimes our hearts get in the way and justify the actions of people we love, and we become blind to what is really going on. But you need to think of your son at the very least.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Welcome Coco!  I'm sorry you're going through an abusive situation, no one deserves that and your son shouldn't have to see it happening to you either.

You might want to check out this post on the Love & Marriage group (even though you're not married): Is it Abuse? (A Resource Guide)

Quoting cjsmommey12:

hello my name is coco. i am 19 years old and i have a 9 month old son. i have been with my sons father for going onn now 5 years.were still togeather but its been a really long road.i guess what im trying to say is is there anyone out there who has been in the same situation ? and if so have you struggled with verbal abuse ? or being put down to where you feel worthless??? i need to know and would love to here some one elses story so i can open my eyes and smelll the coffee it would be great let me know

sincerly coco

meXtwo
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM

im 19 years old with 2 lovely daughters with my boyfriend and we been together for 3 years and it has been a very long road for us and sometimes it got to the point where the only reason i was still with him was because we had kids together and then finally we broke up but we still love each other and then we talked about getting back together but what i did was we had a long talk we put all our problems on the table and discussed it and then we decided to start over on a new slate and stop worrying about the past and so far it was worked for us, now as far as verbal abuse it happen to me twice, he hurt my feelings so bad that i couldnt even look at him for a couple of days when things had calm down we talked and i told him that he will never talk to me like that again espescially in front of my children and if he does then there going to be some issues between us and idk if we can be together  after that so i guess it all depends on you, if you dont stnad up and say something then it will always happen and it will never change it you allow it to happen then he will think it is okay so talk about it and then if he doesnt change then you got to let it go for your child sake

sorry it's so long lots to say i guess lol

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Dh and I have been through some tough times together, but he has never abused me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meg0620
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:15 PM
My SO and i went thru a whole year that was super rough. We're working on it now but it's hard because my parents treat us like shit so we're trying to get out.
KatieKramer94
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I would be more than happy to talk to you. I am 18 about to be 19 I have a 15 month old DD. I have been down a VERY VERY long road with my SO as well, but now were better than ever and maybe planning for our second baby :)

I would be more than happy to share my story with you. Message me if you would like

JakiRose95
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It's good you two are still together but a healthy, loving relationship is always important especially when a baby is involved. I think the best thing to do is do relationship counciling or talk to eachother about it. He loves you and is willing to be with you for a long time. I hope things work out xxx

_coldcoffee_
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:48 AM

my baby daddy puts me down a lot, but hes not really in the pic anymore so his words dont bother me as much as they use to

kendria-24
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I have been through something similar with my kids dad. I did everything possible to work it out and it was never good enough. It started as verbal abuse and lies then progressed to him cheating and physical fights amongst each other. I knew that wasnt how it should be especially after giving so many chances to change and he didn't. I realized that i was wasting my life being miserable and deserved better and let him go. And I havent looked back since. Its a load off and I feel so much better knowing I dont have to deal with that.

Quoting cjsmommey12:

sincerly coco

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN