Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Seperation Anxiety.. Me, not the child. LOL!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to deal with seperation anxiety for the parents..? My son's father and I were together up until about.. 2 1/2 months ago. It ended on a bad note and we barely spoke to each other and when we did, all we did was fight. It was just within this past week that we have been able to talk to eachother.. somewhat nicely.. and he asked if he could have our son for a few days. I had mixed feelings about this because he lives in a trailer with his mother, her boyfriend, his sister and her boyfriend which none of us get along... but I knew that my son missed him and that he needs to have a relationship with his father. So on Sunday night (the 20th) he went to his fathers house. He lives about 1 1/2 hours away, so I cant just drive there once a day to see him for a few minutes or give him a kiss. I really miss him and ever since he has been gone all I can do is sit here and cry. I can't even take advantage of having some 'alone' time because I am just to depressed. Has anyone else ever felt this way? If so, how did you manage?

All advice would be helpful! :) Thank you.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Aww! Dont worry, i miss my almost 10 month old when she is sleeping in her crib across the hall in her own room! LOL

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I do too! Half of the time, I bring my son to bed with me when I go to bed just because I miss him! :)

I swear, missing him is the worst part about being a single mother. It isn't the lack of sleep, or lack of having someone there... its having to go without him for a few days.. just because thats not what you picure when you become pregnant. :( You want this happy little family! :)

JoaquinsMommie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I Can't Help You Their Because I Have The Same Problem w. My Son Leaving Me But A Different Situation Because ME and His Father Is Still Together But Whenever He Goes Out w. My Mom Or IF His Uncle And Aunt Wants Him I Can't Stand To Be Away From Him I Have No Choice But To Let Him Go w. Them Because That's His Family IDK What Imma Do When He Go To Schoool ::(( 

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I know it! A few hours or over night if a family member or friend have him.. is hard but like for a few days is just too hard! Im pretty sure my sons father and I will eventually get back together.. just so many differences we have right now. It sucks. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

How old is your son?

I felt that way at first when my ex and I split up.  But, I learned to really love my kid-free time because it meant that I could clean the house and have it stay that way, go out with friends, watch anything I wanted, sleep later if I wanted, etc.  But I do remember how hard it was at first to part with them.

Quoting mnivis01:

I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to deal with seperation anxiety for the parents..? My son's father and I were together up until about.. 2 1/2 months ago. It ended on a bad note and we barely spoke to each other and when we did, all we did was fight. It was just within this past week that we have been able to talk to eachother.. somewhat nicely.. and he asked if he could have our son for a few days. I had mixed feelings about this because he lives in a trailer with his mother, her boyfriend, his sister and her boyfriend which none of us get along... but I knew that my son missed him and that he needs to have a relationship with his father. So on Sunday night (the 20th) he went to his fathers house. He lives about 1 1/2 hours away, so I cant just drive there once a day to see him for a few minutes or give him a kiss. I really miss him and ever since he has been gone all I can do is sit here and cry. I can't even take advantage of having some 'alone' time because I am just to depressed. Has anyone else ever felt this way? If so, how did you manage?

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
My son will be 2 next month. I do like the sleeping in thing, but once I wake up then I just feel miserable because he isn't here. I guess I need to find some hobbies. :/

Quoting amonkeymom:

How old is your son?

I felt that way at first when my ex and I split up.  But, I learned to really love my kid-free time because it meant that I could clean the house and have it stay that way, go out with friends, watch anything I wanted, sleep later if I wanted, etc.  But I do remember how hard it was at first to part with them.

Quoting mnivis01:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:08 PM

OH wow, thats hard.  I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Yes.. it is. :(

Quoting eds6619:

OH wow, thats hard.  I'm sorry you are having to go through this.

leonsmommy17
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

start by letting him be with someone else for and hour maybe 30 minutes without whatever best for  you and it slowley but surely gets easier i use to have same problem

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I dont have a problem when he goes to the babysitters.. or to my mothers for the night. but thats only for the night.. when he goes with his dad, its like 2-4 nights. its starting to get a little eaiser.. but i think thats just because he comes home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Quoting leonsmommy17:

start by trying to let her/him stay with someone else  for and hour or so without  you and it slowley gets better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)