Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My feelings are really hurt

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 18 Replies

How you you feel if someone told you that your child was going to be born, cyanotic and brain dead... and then claimed they were joking after you got upset?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:44 AM

A) I don't know anyone in my life who I would care enough about to consider this question who would say something like that and

B) Why would I be upset by some ignorant thing said by someone who meant nothing to me?

TaygansMommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM

My stepdad is the one who made the comment. I have tried to work on our relationship over and over but yet everytime he gets the chance, something rude comes out of his mouth. So no, he no longer means anything at all to me and I told him he wouldn't see me or my daughter anymore. Now my mom is upset because I want nothing to do with him. They think I am being emotional... I don't see it that way. I will not let anyone say something so horrible about my child and just brush it off.

Quoting unspecified42:

A) I don't know anyone in my life who I would care enough about to consider this question who would say something like that and

B) Why would I be upset by some ignorant thing said by someone who meant nothing to me?

Hanab818
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Get him out of your life. You don't need his crap. And you and your child will be better off with out someone saying negative crap all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:17 AM
What an ass!!! I would have told him off!
Kenzie1817
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Oh my gosh that's horrible:/ Don't let him say things like that! And don't believe it for a second!

Amberbaby721
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
In one ear out the other, SCREW him, your child will be a beautiful thing and anybody who wants to say otherwise doesn't need to be in your child's life, I know the words must hurt but you have to try and push him out, don't let him see it bothers you either.
eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Wow, thats a horrible thing to say to someone.  I'm sorry.

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Horrible. 

While pregnant, a mentally challenged customer at my job asked me if I was married and I didn't think anything of it when I replied "no."  She told me my baby is going to die because I'm not married, and continued to repeat :"I hope your baby dies."  She meant absolutely nothing to me but to hear those words, it was the worst thing anyone has ever said to me.  I had to go in the back and cry, and cried when I got home and told my boyfriend about it as well.  She was banned from our store for a month, but my dumb fuck boss let her back in after 2 weeks because she apologized to MY BOSS, NOT me.  The next time I saw her, after successfully avoiding her for a week or two, she said sorry and she didn't mean it.  She walks around town almost every day and every time I see her walking I think about hitting her with my car.

meg0620
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM
My dad told me my baby was going to be born retarded because I got pregnant on birth control
liams_mama12
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Wow. The  nerve of some people. Who said it ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)