Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mixed emotions....

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

I've been with my bf on and off for 4 years now. We broke up last year for a few months but he promised things would change and I had hoped he had grown up. He's so self centered, he puts his friends and skating before the two kids he has from previous relationship and a relationship with me. I have a 7 yo from a previous realtionship. I go to school and work full time. We are always fighting, he's never home, never does anything around the house. He wipes the kitchen counter and takes out the garbage and I should throw him a damn party. He always wants my attention like a little kid. I should always do for him, be there for him, help him but he does nothing but make my life harder. He stays out till 2;30am. I'll wake up and he still not home. I'm the first one up in the monring, taking care of everything. All he has to do in the morning is get up, brush his teeth and go. Then if I didn't put the toatster away, he freaks out at, when/if he's home after work. We had a few days of a decent relationship and I gave in to his sexual advances to try to fix things, as screwed up as that sounds. As always it didn't last long. I'm not on birthcontrol because it was really messing with my mood. It made me so stressed and angry. I feel so much better now. Although now I'm afraid I could be pregnant. I'm so tired and have been nauseous on and off the last few days. I'm not due for my peroid till Sat. My bf has said he thinks I'm preg too and seems ok with it. but I don't know how I feel. I have so much on my plate already, and I can't trust him. I don't think I can handle being with him at all let alone with a baby. He can get emotionally/mentally abusive often. He turns everything he does around on me to make me the bad guy and put me down. I have such mixed emotions

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Kellyjude1
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Sorry for what you are going through. It does seem from your post that your boyfriend does have a lot of growing up to do.  You seem so responsible holding it all together.  It does sound like its unfair that you have to do it all in the relationship - He needs to remember it takes two to make this all work.  All you can do is try and talk to him again, as I am sure you have done lots of times.  Ultimately the choice of what to do will be yours.  It seems you are a strong person and very responsible going to school and working full time.  You really do deserve more and better.  From your post you don't seem happy if he is making your life harder and just not there for you maybe once again some time a part may help -only time will tell.  If this is meant to be then you guys will be back together.  It seems he just takes you and everything you do for granted and as long as you stay and allow him to be this way he will never change.  Hopefully he will realize your feelings and want to change if you mean enough to him then he will.

Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Thanks. I'm just so fed up with everything. He says I'm selfish & only care about myself but I feel it's the other way around. He's so immature & was only better when he was sucking up to get back in my life. I feel like its time to walk away but I'm afraid I'm preg. I don't know how I feel about it if I am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)