Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok I am a first time mom so I need some advice!! I have two month old and the past few days she has been very fussy and acting as if her tummy hurts!! I kept checking her temperature and it was always normal well this morning she woke up and had a poopy diaper and it was very runny like water but she still doesn't have a fever, do I take her in to the doctor or no cause she not running a fever and she's not fussy at all this morning ?!? She's eating and having wet diapers like normal, and my husband just got over a mild stomach virus?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lkane81
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM
If she is still overly fussy nd has another runny diaper i would bring her in.just because a roto virus can be very serious in infants
Smiller11
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Ok thanks :)))

Quoting lkane81:

If she is still overly fussy nd has another runny diaper i would bring her in.just because a roto virus can be very serious in infants

lkane81
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Np i know how you feel dont want to be paranoid snd go for nothing verses when you should worry. I gets easier to know when.
Smiller11
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Alright good :)) ya I hate going in and then them saying nothing's wrong and you look like an idiot!! I was so worried about that when I went into labor I was 7cm by the time I got to the hospital lol

Quoting lkane81:

Np i know how you feel dont want to be paranoid snd go for nothing verses when you should worry. I gets easier to know when.

lkane81
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Lol with my first i didnt evrn know i was in labor i had a reg appt and the doc said i was 5 cm. So it made it difficult with my second i kept having false labor.
Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Your daughter probably just has a mild stomach virus that she caught from her daddy. As long as she stays hydrated, she should be fine. My 10 month old just got over a tummy virus too. She was up all night one night crying and had diarrhea about 5 times the next day. I kept giving her milk and gave her about 10 ounces of pedialyte. She is fine now.

eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM

it wouldn't hurt to call

aydensmom94
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I would make her an appt. I wwouldnt necessarily take her to the ER but i would make an appt just in case. When my son was 1 month old he started vomiting like crazy. but i didnt think anything of it. I thought he just had a flu, i found out he had Pyloric Stenosis and had to have surgery. He was basically starving for a week because i didnt bring him to the doctor.

Zamae
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:48 AM

did you bring to a pediatrician?

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I doubt a doctor can do anything. Just watch for dehydration.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)