Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Umm what?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 40 weeks pregnant, I'm tired, and moody, and uncomfortable.. I did some housework, and now I'm about to relax in the bath.. I'm renting an apartment off my mom & stepdad. My uncle just texted me and said "nate is going to come hang out with you while me and shawn sort some stuff, ok".. nate is my uncle's 3 yr old wild son, and shawn is my stepdad.. I feel like I have no say, he didn't ask, he told me. And they will be sorting stuff in the apartment right above mine .. how is this fair to me? He's not my kid, and now I'll be stuck with him all day. I just got my apartment cleaned up, and now he's going to get into everything and stress me out. I feel like I get taken advantage of, and it's not fair. :-/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Do you have time to leave?
newmom3917
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Obviously not :-/ he just showed up before I could even reply to his message...

Quoting finnbar:

Do you have time to leave?

finnbar
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Send them a bill. Take it off your next rent payment.
newmom3917
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Yeah, I texted my mom, she's working, but I think she'd understand.. she will probably call my stepdad on her break and say something because she's constantly telling me to just rest, and she know's how he is, and that I'm obviously not going to rest at all with him here.. and it's not like them sorting stuff is important because they are sorting stuff that they bought in a storage unit and she didn't want them to buy it in the first place.

Quoting finnbar:

Send them a bill. Take it off your next rent payment.

emilyelephant
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

That sucks. The last thing you want to do at 40 weeks pregnant is anything. lol  If you're paying rent you don't owe them anything. Talk to your mom?

newmom3917
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
I'm definitely paying rent, so I definitely don't owe them anything.. I texted my mom and I'm waiting for her reply.. he just sort of dropped him off, that's definitely not fair to me.

Quoting emilyelephant:

That sucks. The last thing you want to do at 40 weeks pregnant is anything. lol  If you're paying rent you don't owe them anything. Talk to your mom?

1.hot.mama2005
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM
I'm sorry. *hugs* I hope you are able to rest soon.
newmom3917
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I hope! My uncles other son gets out of school like now.. but I told him I'm definitely not watching them both because all they do is fight and I'm not up for dealing with that.. so my uncle texted me and said he'd be down to get nathaniel in a minute.. and after that I'm locking my door, taking a bath, then taking a nap!!

Quoting 1.hot.mama2005:

I'm sorry. *hugs* I hope you are able to rest soon.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Since they are right upstairs, I would have walked up there with the 3 yr old and said 'I'm sorry but I can't watch him now, I would appreciate you asking first next time', then leave the kid there and go back to your place. 

cemcnair
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Um not cool. Take the kid back to them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN