Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I have the Mirena IUD and..*TMI*

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have had the Mirena IUD since last summer, maybe July or August? I have loved it so far. My periods haven't been very regular though. I slipped and fell on ice last night and now my whole body hurts. But, I also have felt nauseous all day. And I have a headache (I did not hit my head last night). I thought maybe I have the flu but I do not have a fever, and when my son had it, he had a temp above 100 pretty much all the time. Mine is normal.

About a week ago my breasts were hurting.. I was bleeding a bit too, so I thought it just AF, though I've never had breast tenderness before AF before. But the bleeding only lasted a couple days and that was unusual for me, even with the Mirena. I figured it was normal and went about my life. Now, today, I just can't get over the thought that WHAT IF I am pregnant. I have told my fiancee and he thinks I'm crazy (lol).

I will probably get a test eventually this week to ease my mind.. But has anyone here gotten pregnant on Mirena? My friend did, and you see all those commercials on TV, so now I am freaking out! Lol.

Other than this scare, I love the Mirena, it has been good to me. :)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I have a friend that got pregnant on it too. She had no idea she was pregnant till her stomach started getting hard. Take a test. Also maybe take another in a few weeks to make sure, just incase you are but it was too soon. Good Luck!!

CafeMom Tickers

sailorchu
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I heard from a friend about some lawsuit thing going on with Mirena? I don't know if its legit or not but I looked it up and found this. 

http://www.mirenaperforationlawsuit.com/mirena-perforation-lawsuit/

Like I said, not sure if it's legit. But I had been hearing about it from a friend of mine who has Mirena!

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Yes, I have heard about these lawsuits. That's also why I'm freaking out about being pregnant on it, lol. It's the next and I am having a hard time eating.. I'm tired.. I want to tell myself it's the flu but I don't have a fever and that is why I'm concerned.

Quoting sailorchu:

I heard from a friend about some lawsuit thing going on with Mirena? I don't know if its legit or not but I looked it up and found this. 

Like I said, not sure if it's legit. But I had been hearing about it from a friend of mine who has Mirena!

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I took a test a couple months ago, I freak out pretty much every month, lol. But it's the second day of feeling nauseous and tired and I still don't feel like I have the flu. I have been drinking coffee every morning for almost three years and all of a sudden yesterday morning I didn't want it. Now THAT'S strange! I am a coffee addict.

Quoting Tsmommy106:

I have a friend that got pregnant on it too. She had no idea she was pregnant till her stomach started getting hard. Take a test. Also maybe take another in a few weeks to make sure, just incase you are but it was too soon. Good Luck!!

mrsbrimer
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM

i would recommend getting it removed ASAP. i had it for 10  months before wanting another baby, well now its been 13 months since getting it out and i havent been able to get pregnant =/ i really do think it messes your insides up

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

It's so strange because my fiancee's mom has used it for years! She took it out when she wanted to get pregnant and got pregnant almost right away after removal. She had it for a few years and never got pregnant. I got this because I can't take the pill at the same time of day every day, I've heard terrible things about the depo shot (and I hate needles), I thought about Implanon but that scares me too, lol.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

i would recommend getting it removed ASAP. i had it for 10  months before wanting another baby, well now its been 13 months since getting it out and i havent been able to get pregnant =/ i really do think it messes your insides up

I am an 18 year old, disposable diapering, formula feeding, vaccinating, pro-life, non-bashing, Christian, and first-time proud mommy to my darling son!

mrsbrimer
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM

i am never trusting any form of hormonal birth control after this... we are TTC right now, but after that i think my DH will just get a vastecomy.

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

It's so strange because my fiancee's mom has used it for years! She took it out when she wanted to get pregnant and got pregnant almost right away after removal. She had it for a few years and never got pregnant. I got this because I can't take the pill at the same time of day every day, I've heard terrible things about the depo shot (and I hate needles), I thought about Implanon but that scares me too, lol.

Quoting mrsbrimer:

sailorchu
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM

You should definitely get checked out, just in case! I would be worried about it damaging something permanant :/

Quoting MommyOfOne2710:

Yes, I have heard about these lawsuits. That's also why I'm freaking out about being pregnant on it, lol. It's the next and I am having a hard time eating.. I'm tired.. I want to tell myself it's the flu but I don't have a fever and that is why I'm concerned.

Quoting sailorchu:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN