Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

No return of period?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 11 Replies
I had my son in June and was breastfeeding. When i went back to work i tried to pump as much as i could but time between pumping slowly increased. He is now 8 months old and eating solids and drinking formula. I haven't breastfed in a month and a month before that it was only overnight. I havent had any bleeding since august. Anyone experiance anything similar? When did your periods return?
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM
It hasn't been that long since you nursed. Give it time and you'll be miserable every month before you know it;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenzie1817
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I would give it some time, a month isn't that long. Haha I wouldn't be wishing it back if I were you(:

cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I agree, a month is not too long.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Definitely don't wish it back lol My first one was 3 weeks long.  I got it a month after I stopped breastfeeding/pumping, but a lot of people don't

LoveMyTiny
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Besides the one right after I had my first son, (July 2011) I still haven't gotten mine, I breastfed for 6 months and just had twins that I'm now breastfeeding though so I don't know, but I've liked my 2 years or so with only 2 periods (right after birth) lol Just keep in mind, you don't have to have a period to get pregnant! The lady at planned parenthood kept asking me when my last period was because it was "impossible" that I was pregnant even though the test was positive (with twins too!)

imablowe
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:49 AM

You shouldn't be worried you should be happy.  No chance you could be pregnant again?  After dd #3 I bleed for 7 weeks (postpartum).  Once that stopped my period returned about 2 weeks later.  I was breastfeeding and when dd #3 turned 3 months I turned up pregnant again with dd #4.  So even though I exclusively breastfeed my period came back in full swing after about 2 months.  And to all those moms out there "breastfeeding does NOT prevent pregnancy".  Now dd #3 and dd #4 are 11 1/2 months apart.  So I did get a break from my period by being pregnant for 2 years, lol.

piwife
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I been bf almost 9 mts and no period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4Seasons-89
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I most be strange... I've been bf my son for 6 almost 7 months now and I get a period every month. In November I even had two and have had odd periods since. I go in to see my doctor in a few days to talk about it. I suggest if your really worried about it to talk to your doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Surprise_Baby00
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

My youngest is 7 months, and I'm pregnant, and had periods and they were actually regular. With my first, I didn't have a period at all, between when he was born and when I got pregnant with my second. After my second, I got my first period 4 months after he was born. I haven't stopped breastfeeding since my first was born. 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM

It should come back in a couple more months. My period started the month after I had my son and was regular the whole time I was breastfeeding too, it sucked!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)