Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Hey all! New to young moms but not cafemom.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:53 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hey! I've been on the TTC board since November, and recently was given an invitation to this group.
My name is Michael Sierra Keller, and I am 18 years old, I'll be 19 on March 29. My SO's name is Jonathon Scott Shrum. He's 22, and will be 23 on May 23. (Our relationship is complicated, but feel free to read all about it on my page. I'm just lazy and it's lengthy). He and I are currently trying for our first, and are very much hoping for a baby girl. We already have names picked: Areli Rhonda and Blake Jonathon.

I'm currently in college at UNI (University of Northern Iowa) studying criminology. Jon is in his final year at SMSU (Southwest Minnesota State University) studying music education.

I had a very difficult childhood, and grew up very quickly. Because of that, I'm mature beyond my years. My parents divorced when I was 4. When I was about 9 my father realized that I was a female, and began a process that child protective services call grooming. He was sexually abusive up until I was placed in foster care a week after my 16th birthday.

I lived with my mom from the time of the divorce until she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer when I was 13. 9 months later, on August 1, 2008, when I was 14, she lost the fight with cancer.

My faith in God is my biggest strength. Though I've been through hell in my life, I know it's for a good reason. I know that God has a plan for my life, and for me to fulfill that plan I need to have the experiences I have. I have my mother to thank for the faith I have today.

A week after I turned 16, my life changed forever. After going through hell with my father for years, I was placed in a foster home. My family was a wonderful Christian family, and they taught me many wonderful things. The main thing I learned from them, though, is that it is possible for me to go on and have a good life and a happy family. I'm not doomed to be stuck where I am. Being placed in their home was, no question, entirely God's work. It is the best thing that could happen in my life.

I want to use my criminology degree to help victims of sexual abuse, and be the person for as many kids as possible that I needed as a child. I want to make a difference in kids lives, show them that the world isn't made of evil. That just because their lives have been hell doesn't mean they always will be.

Any questions at all, feel free to ask. My main picture is Jon and I a few weeks ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:54 AM

My best friend Jerry and I singing in the senior ensemble at graduation.
20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:56 AM

My mom holding me when I was a toddler. Sorry it's so blurry, but you can still see the Cherokee in her!
20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Jon and I in April of 2011 - ready to leave for my Junior Prom.
20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Just me. The hair is a wig. I fried my hair with box dye so I ended up shaving my head. Pretty good for $27!
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Welcome to the group Michael!  I hope that you and your fiance realize your dreams to become parents soon.

20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Thank you. We do too. :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome to the group Michael!  I hope that you and your fiance realize your dreams to become parents soon.

Nicki1995
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Oh wow. Good job for what you are going to school for! I hope you two get the baby that you are wanting soon! =)

violet21
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Welcome to the group:)
cemcnair
by Courtney on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Welcome!
eds6619
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Welcome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)