Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Ive lost all my friends since having a baby.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I love my son and wouldnt trade any of this for the world, but its very depressing at times... Since becoming pregnant ive lost basicly all my friends. I cant party and be young so everyone cut me off.. Anyone else going through this? Its just so hard to not have any friends to talk to all day and i really miss having "girl time". My only friend is also a young mom but we live 3 hours away and never see each other. Some helpful advice would be great!

Please & Thank You :)

XOXOXOXO Ashley

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apgsteenmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

i also have lost all my firends im 17 wth a 4 week old baby, i was isolated my whole pregnancy and i feel the same

erinf28
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

This has happened to me. I'm 23 and my daughter is 2. I had her 3 weeks after I turned 21 so all my friends would go out to the bars and never invite me. I feel like they think that because I have a kid that I can't go out every once in a while and I don't hear from them unless it's convienent for them. I have gotten used to it, but it still hurts. My husband on the other hand is older than I am, and his friends haven't forgotten about him, and some of his friends have kids but still make time to see each other. I know how you feel. Try joining a mommy group near you to make some new friends that understand and maybe you guys can go out together because you both understand and have something to talk about instead of the same things over and over again from your friends that sometimes all it involves is going to the club, getting drunk, or all that drama they have that you don't have time for. That's why I started working from home so I can have a least a little bit of adult conversation with others.

RavenAva
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

The day I had my daughter my friends all came to the hospital... But it has been 6 weeks and not 1 of them has came and seen us... They dont even text me to see how im doing! I dont understand why because nothing has changed, I have a beautiful baby but im still the same person, and i can still do things. My world didnt end since i had a baby, i now have something to live for. I wish you the best of luck chica! Hopefully they come around!

AmandaGallinoto
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I know the feeling all to well, i got pregnant right after i turned 18 and all my friends just dropped, they stop calling or texting, none of them ever have time to come see me anymore, i've tried to hangout with them but it's always some excuse, I love my daughter and i cant wait till she's born but i also loved being young and having fun but no one seems to want to be around a parent.

ProudMommyXOXO
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM

It feels good to know im not alone, thank you ladies if any of you ever need someone to talk to im here!! Ive been through a lot so i understand what most of you have probably been through. I dont judge either so please dont hesitate! :)

JadesMommy7
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Ashley. Im 22 with a 9 month old baby girl. I know exactly what you mean. If you ever want to talk feel free to message me!:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Proud-mommy-of2
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:48 PM
All of my friends have dropped me. I got pregnant at 15 with my daughter and everyone was all gunghole about me being pregnant but when I had her, everyone just BAM! Stopped talking to me. I just had my son 3 weeks ago (I'm currently 18 now) noone has texted me or called me to see how I am doing or if they could come see bentley.. The only friends I have are young moms like me. So I feel ya hunny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meloney413
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Where are you from

Tracie82411
by Tracie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Same thing happened to me. I have one friend and my boyfriend. He goes out and parties all the time instead of coming to see our daughter and me. :/ I'm almost 18 now and my daughter is going on 3 months but in getting used to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommyXOXO
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Cali

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)