Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

opinions please

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a 3yr old daughter 2 step daughters and another girl due Feb 27 and my boyfriend is a truck driver he's gone Monday thru Fri. I feel like I'm being used we are in the process of getting custody of his girls back so we only get them on the weekends. I feel like I'm just here because I'm pregnant and to take care of him and his girls on the weekends. I'm to pregnant to work he knows that but throws it in my face every chance he gets that he's doing it alone I understand its hard on him and do all I can to make it easier but I only get $300 child support and I'm responsible for groceries and all other things needed for the house. Anyways is it just my hormones or could I be right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I think you have the right to be mad. I am currently 16 and 26 weeks pregnant. I have not had a job yet, but my parents won't let me. They believe it's up to the man to support the children. I think so to! Your watching his kids, you shouldn't have to work too.

lilmamabowers
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM
In my opinion I think your right. It seems to me that he is practically using you for a baby sitter during the week. He should understand that raising a child, let alone 3 and being preg so a total of 4, is tough. Guys never seem to understand how hard it really is for a stay at home mom. We cook, clean, feed the babies, bathe them, lay them down for nap, lay them down for bed, change them, burp them, and all the other things moms do for their children. My bf now, which is the father of my 4 month old, throws money in my face all the time. He said if I needed money I could get a job.. Yet he told me he wanted me to be a stay at home mom for a while. Guys are like this I guess... Sometimes I feel as if I'm raising my lil girl on my own. He works full time and goes to school. When he's doing neither of these, he's playing video games, computer, or working out. Sorry to blab :/ feels good to get that off my chest though. But again, I think your right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yes, I think that you are being used by him as a babysitter, and a free one at that.  That is not fair to you nor should he be belittling you by saying things like how he is "doing it all".

truckersgrl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Allow me to clarify his girls are only here on weekends unless his brother who has custody need a babysitter but they actually say they need a babysitter I love haveing the girls here because I do love them
20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:05 PM

This is gonna sound weird but, I think it's more his hormones than yours. I've read the book What to Expect When You're Expecting and it says in there that when their woman gets pregnant, the man does experience female hormone spikes. So no, it's not your hormones. I think it might be his.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN