Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

CalWAORKS/Medi-cal issues....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

So my son(my first and only) is almost 2 and hes been sick the past week. Nothing out of the ordinary but still sick. Medi-cal has been tossing me around and treating me like shit since i got on it. They put my sons last name wrong in the system so he has no insurance. And everytime i try and make an appt for him they deny me. I feel like they dont give a shit about us because were poor and dont have much. But they say there #1 policy is not to discriminate!! Well i took him in to the doctors cause i just couldnt wait any longer, come to find out he has two very bad ear infections.. The doctor made me feel like a low life for not knowing and basiclly said i should have brought him in regaurdless of the insurance and was just so mean to me.. I didnt know he had an infection he showed no signs.. He handed me my perscription and just walked out didnt even tell me how to use the stuff.. He mugged me and talked down on me the whole entire visit and was just very disrespectful cause im on welfare. I ;eft the visit in tears cause how bad he made me feel. Does anyone else out there get disrespected for use WIC, CalWORKS, Food Stamps, etc...???

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Wow, you do need to take him to a different pediatrician from now on.  And, I'd be calling on those documents every day until they get his name and information straightened out and make the insurance retroactive to when you applied originally.

Good luck!

1.hot.mama2005
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I have never had anyone treat me like that. I say you need to find a different pediatrician.
I hope your little one feels better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommyXOXO
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

In this county they assign you to a specific place! -__-

DanicaMarie08
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG! I can go on and on and on about all the crap that I had to go through with the medical/calworks and anything that goes along with all the crap.

I have had it forthe past 4 years and nothing but problems up until a few months ago.

What county are you from? Do you have strait medical or do you have a health group?

What you need to do, is be strong,because if not they will eat you ALIVE! They dont care, they say they want to help you but there are so many people they see every single day they wont even remember your face when they leave work. Dont give any attitudes or get frustrated, because they have the "power" to make ur life hell....

Make sure you take all of your information andpaperwork, even if you thinkthey may not need it because trust me more is better.

Regarding your dr. he is a piece ofshit, and you should report him forthe way he talked to you. CHange him.If you have a healthgroup with medi-cal, (i have anthem bluecross)  call them. and change your dr

i just found this out like 2 weeks ago. my son had a horrible asian dr. who did NOTHING for him.
 they will tell you what you need to do, and it was the easiest thing i have everrrr done. I went online, say a list of their pediatricians and called them and talked to themm,made sure i could understand what they were saying, i went in met with them and the same day i had his new dr. It took til the 1st of feb for it to be processes and i should receive his new insurance card, this week and BOOM its done.

Its awful how ppl treat us for having assistance, but thats because there are just so many ppl out there being fradulant. All i can say is that it gave me tough skin. Its going to happen

dont cry or be upset about what the dr said to you. I am sure you are a wonderful mom, but its hard when you dont know whats going on and you can feel sooooo useless when it comes to the assistance stuff because you hardly have any control, and dr's andmedicationare so expensive

Im sorry you had to go through that and i hope your little baby gets better. Its a tough thing, but there are ways to get around it all. If you don tknow how it seems impossible, but there are ways,. I will help you any way i can from where iam at. I have been where you are at now!

twade26
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I live in GA. I got laid off from my job and could not find another one. My fathers pays my rent but I have to provide food to my kids and because I am now going to school full time I decided to go on FS. I did not want to have my children in daycare 12-14 hrs a day while I go to work and school. I get such attitude and dirty looks from people in the grocery store. Not to mention that ever since the election everyone think that I am a freeloader 47%er who doesn't do anything but sit on my butt all. I wish just for one day that those people who are rude could walk a mile in my shoes to see what I go through on a daily basis. They just don't understand what it is like to struggle day to day with children. Don't be upset about that Dr. because he muct be a miserable person deep inside and in his life to treat someone so poorly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN