Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice (piog) UPDATED with decision

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, I am still in high school and 13 weeks along... baby's dad has now said he is done, wants nothing to do with me or the baby. I've been trying to figure out what is best for us. Stay here living with my mom and her bf or go nearly 1000 miles to live with my dad and step mom. My moms I'm just here, by myself most of the time. My mom is usually out partying. My dad and my stepmom have both called me and told me they would love to have us, they'll help with anything I want help with, including the baby. And I could actually live with my 13 y/o step sister! I just don't know what to do... I think I'm leaning more toward living with my dad, what do you ladies think?

Ok, so yea I've decided to move to my dads.  The babies dad and I had a huge fight becuz he told me he wants nothing to do with me or our baby and he said he doesn't ever want to see me again and never wants to see our baby.  I just need a break from here, it's not good for the baby, or for me.  The only thing I've got going for me here is yea my mom and my 2 sisters.  So my dad, step mom and step sister will be coming to get me on Saturday morning!  I cant wait!  They painted my room for me already too!  And my baby will have his/her own room, better than here where he/she would have to share my small room, can't even fit a crib in here!  I hope this is the right thing to do.  I know I'll have a lot of help and support.  My step mom doesn't work outside the home, and my step sister said she'll get up with me and the baby during the night, so I don't have to be up alone lol.  I think everyone is really excited, well not my mom and sisters, but I am doing what I think is best for my baby and myself...  Sorry for the ramble!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lexismom90
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I don't know the entire situation but if you think you would have more support from your dad I would go there. I know when I first had my dd I needed all the help and support I could get (and I was 21). Having my family there when I needed was a huge relief! So if you think your dad and step mom are more likely to be here for you and help you with the baby I would go there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Surprise_Baby00
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Don't you have to be 16 to be on this site?

TaygansMommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM

If your mom is out partying all the time then that probably isn't the best environment for a baby. You have to do what's best for you and your baby.

twade26
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Babies can be alot of work and you are going to want a support system that you can rely on if you get overwhemled and your mom does not sound like she will the relaible one so I would definitely go live with your father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)