Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Ear piercing.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

At what age do you think it's okay to get your child's ears pierced? Or do you wait until they can decide?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilys_mama1222
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I pierced dd ears at 3 months. I wouldn't change any thing other then the place I got it done at
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I think when they are mature enough to keep them clean, then they are old enough for ear piecing, imo. :)

Surprise_Baby00

I personally would wait until they can decide. 

TaygansMommy

I want to get my DD done but I am not sure about it. I can't decide to do it soon or wait until she asks to have them done.

Quoting Lilys_mama1222:

I pierced dd ears at 3 months. I wouldn't change any thing other then the place I got it done at

Lilys_mama1222
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I suggest young. I use to work at Claire's and we had the biggest issues with the older kids who got their ears pierced.. they wanted it done but they were too scared.. of you do it at a younger age and they want don't want them they can just not wear them. That's what I do. Dd loves her earrings

Eta she is 2 now btw
lexismom90
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I got dd's ears pierced when she was 4 months old. I decided to do it young because she really didn't care much after they were done. For the amount she cried it was basicly the same as her getting a shot at the drs office she got over it quickly. Even though I had to keep them clean and make sure I turned hem and they didn't get infected to me doing them young was better. I had mine done when I was around 7 and I hated it. Not only did the piecing hurt but I couldn't even sleep on my side because it hurt so bad. My dd didn't seem to care if she slept on her ears or not they didn't bother her at all.
20Keller12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say wait until they say they want it and understand that it does hurt. Not enough to scare them away, but make sure when they say they want it that it will hurt. When I have a daughter if she tells me when she's 4 she wants her ears pierced I'll tell her that it'll feel like someone's pinching your ears, show her what I mean by pinching her earlobes with my nails (not horribly hard, just enough to replicate the feeling), and if she's okay with it then I'll go out and do it. But personally I won't do it until she decides she wants to. That's only me though.

crystalx88
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I would say 12 or 13

Tracie82411
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:53 AM
3 months is when Bailee will probably get them done before she finds her ears and starts really grabbing them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I'd personally wait until they are old enough to decide. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN