Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

these young mothers should be ashamed of themselves

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 43 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am 21yo married with a 2 yr old and I am 26 wks pregnant with another little boy. I was on the bus today and I overheard some older women talking about "things today not being the way they were"...they were making statements about girls having babies young and as my son and I were playing a puzzle game on my phone one of the ladies was like "uum um luk at that...these young mothers ought to be ashamed of themselves making babies back to back and barely got money to take care of them...that's why the economy suffering paying these young girls to lay on their backs" then the other lady adds "rite cuz you know they on welfare and the daddies ain't in these kids lives...I feel sorry for them"...I wanted so badly to put these old floozies in their place becuz it was so obvious their convo was based off of me. But then I remembered the manners,my moma taught me to respect my elders...nd besides...I don't fall in the catogory of "young dumb and full of cum" so I let it ride and continued enjoying the laughter of my son...what would you have done?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leochanning2012
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I have had this happened to me while out and about shooing with my 3 year old he acts crazy sometimes lol.. This elderly lady looked at me at old navy and asked me what's wrong with your child?all smerky and I responded my child is being a child what's wrong with your face?.. In ur situation I would of told them I'm on welfare to piss them off anymore lol and the welfare is paying my bus ride while u pay for it..
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM

It would have pissed me off, but i would have bit my tongue. You did good. I also believe in respecting your elders. I dont know why people assume so many things about young moms

mrschughes0891
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM
in that order...lol...if they would have said something to me it would have been different but my mommy always said only speak when spoken to...I was so upset like lady if only you really knew me
gcstar42
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I do not really get why people say girls are having kids younger these days. If anything it is the opposite. My grandma was married at 14 and had her first baby at 15 (almost 16 I believe). I think by the time she was 21 she had 3 kids and one on the way.

20Keller12
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have asked them how old they were when they got married and started having kids. Back then many women were married and pregnant by 18
mrschughes0891
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't even think it crossed their minds that I am actually married nd I do look like I'm about 17 but even so its no one elses beeswax...I feel like if yu ain't helpin the situation yu shud leave it alone...
TheMommaJessie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i would have put them in their place then went back to enjoying ds's laughter

4Seasons-89
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I would have randomly started talking to my kids about our family pregnancy history. I make the record for one of the oldest... Though I still had my kids young. My gma was 14 when she started having kids and got married to her first husband. Back then it was custom to have kids young... Now everyone acts like we're all going to die from it. My gma gives us younger ones crap for giving our kids long or less common names. I'm sorry but I don't think the world needs all males to be named Robert, Michael or Daniel.
GwenGray
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:27 AM
5 moms liked this

I would have said "aparently you don't remember back in your time very well, becasue if you did, you'd have better manners."

crystalx88
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I would have done the same thing. Making any remarks to them they would just comment on how you were rude or something like that, thats how most of the elderly are unfortunatly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)