Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
Okay so I am currently 3 weeks pp and my doctor is expecting me to have a choice of BC at my 6 week pp check up... Well I have looked the nexplanon && they have some side effects that scare the crap outta me so no thanks, and I've heard some good things about mirena so I was wondering, has anyone gained weight while being on mirena ??? I'm so concerned about gaining weight cause I JUST had a baby and so far I dropped 17 lbs and still losing it and I DONT want to gain it back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Replies (11-12):
sgillen
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I've been on Mirena for a while now, I have maintained the weight I was when I got it put it. But I have found it is VERY hard to loose weight. I diet, exercise, eat right, everything and I can't loose it. When I first got it in I had an insatiable appetite, I could eat and eat and eat without stopping. But I have recognized it and make sure I watch what I eat and how much. im not sure how much of that is attributed to Mirena or maybe it's just me. I was always so skinny before my dd and I never had to exercise to keep weight off. So I'm thinking there is a possibility it's the Mirena that is making it so hard to get back to pre-baby weight. 

I am considering going in and getting it taken out. But it hurt pretty bad putting it in I'm scared haha!

Good luck and remember to explore all your options, and also that all BC effects us differently. 

Proud-mommy-of2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies! I think I made my decision, I'm just gonna go back to the pill. I had zero complications with it and never gained weight while being on it. Also another thing that hindered me from getting the mirena is you can't wear tampons. Fuck that lol! I hate pads!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN