Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Sisters are jealous...

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

Almost all of my sisters are jealous except my little sister. One of them just won't stop it with me though, she complains and complains about how it's not fair that I get to keep living here because I'm pregnant. And all I think is you can get pregnant too. You have the ability to. And you need to move out because you can live on your own, get a stable job, and get married without parents permission. You're almost 23 years old and you were healed from your surgery 8 months ago. And she's saying a lot of other just rude things to me. It's stressing me out and just upsetting me so much. My other sisters are a better because if they're talking about me it's fine because I don't here it because they were smart enough to get a life... I've just been so upset lately... I cry so much. 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I'm 26 and still live w my mom. I had moved out at 21 w the sperm donor and got knocked up douche is an abusive ass so i left him and moved home. I can't make it on my own. It has nothing to do w how smart you are. Im sure you're smart. You just can't live on ur own atm. You will one day. Just like me. May not be for a few yrs but u will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseDryer
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM

But she was always so much happier when she lived alone. She also has a dog that no one really likes that much and I'm allergic to him, which is no fun. She's taking up a ton of room in our tiny house also. There won't be any room for my baby... We have only 3 bedrooms the one I'm in now isn't proper enough for a baby and never will be. My little brothers room is tiny and then our upstairs is huge but she take up way more than half and my little sister is just digusting. I mean she won't shower for over a week, she will eat up there and leave what's left just sitting up there to mold. She needs help. So my mom agreed that I shouldn't live in a room with her. It's just really hard when she's here too. All she does is complain to my mom about how she's hungry or doesn't feel good well she needs to not only think about herself because my mom just got oral surgery on Tuesday and she can't really eat any 'real' food and I don't she feels good either since she also has GP. It's like my sister doesn't care that my mom is in pain and she only cares about her own... But I mean when my baby comes there's going to be 7 of us...

RoseDryer
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM

BUMP!

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

It's actually the reverse for me, I am living on my own, have since I was 18. I had my oldest at 15, and now, at 23, I have 4 children, 7, 2, 13 months, and 3 weeks. I'm also married. We fully support ourselves, I've supported myself since I was 18 and moved out. That was made possible because my parents paid for my education, they supported me while I lived at home, and made it possible for me to be able to move out. My younger sister is 17, and she has a 4 month old child, and my parents support her, but they've made it clear that support will end at 18. They also aren't doing as much for her as they did for me, because my situation and my sister's are worlds apart. She's jealous and angry at them, and at me, for that. She doesn't seem to understand why they aren't throwing money and love and support at her the way they did for me. They still love her, and pay all her expenses right now, including everything for the baby, they provide free child care while she goes to school, but they aren't happy about it, and they want her out at 18. For me, they had actually begged me to stay, that they would keep supporting us, but I wasn't ok with that, I was an adult, and capable of taking care of my daughter and myself, and I moved us out. Every situation is different, and your sister has to realize that. My sister barely talks to me, only at family events when she really has to, but that's her issue, not mine. She tried the guilting me into talking my parents into helping her, or even me helping her, but she made her bed, she needs to lie in it, not rely on others. It's about growing up, and realizing that things don't always go your way, and being mature and accepting reality as it is. 

s.osborne
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly. Except I was 18 when I moved out pregnant at 20, gave birth at 21, and now I'm almost 25.

Quoting Jenn8604:

I'm 26 and still live w my mom. I had moved out at 21 w the sperm donor and got knocked up douche is an abusive ass so i left him and moved home. I can't make it on my own. It has nothing to do w how smart you are. Im sure you're smart. You just can't live on ur own atm. You will one day. Just like me. May not be for a few yrs but u will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN