Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 and 2 month old. c:

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:47 AM
  • 10 Replies

I had my baby at 15, just turned 16 a few days ago, anyway.

I'd really love some people to talk to when it's needed. Cause man. This baby, as much as I love my little Tatertot, he can really get on my nerves. I'm a single mommy, my mom has 6 kids of her own, and another on the way, so I don't aske her for help.

I'm really nervous to put him in daycare because he's so attatched to me, but I need to start back to school.

Also, he fights his sleep really bad, even though he is fed and being snuggled, but the second I try to lie him down, he wakes up, any help with that?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Welcome and happy birthday!

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Welcome to the group. I had my first baby when I was 15, she was almost 5 months when I turned 16. I'm 23 now, and she is 7, and has 3 little siblings, a 2 year old brother, a 13 month old sister, and a 3 week old brother. I was a single mom until I met my now husband, when I was 18. Her father was never a part of her life, he's never even seen her, and never will. My parents did help me out a lot, they fully supported my baby and me, paid for everything, including college. I moved out on my own when I was 18, and was able to fully support the two of us. But, it was hard. My daughter was born early and was in the NICU, and it took months before I felt any attachment or love towards her. I never put her in day care, my parents watched her when I needed them to. I did as much school online as I could, and got my GED shortly after I turned 16. You can do it!

Some babies just don't want to sleep. It's probably just a phase he is going through. Just lay down with him, if you can. 

aniters
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Welcome :) have you considered independent studies? I was pregnant my senior year in high-school so I decided to take independent studies because I didn't want to be away from my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Online courses would be great for you since you don't want to put your little one in daycare. Also have you thought about putting your baby on a schedule? That might help with the fighting sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieandTate
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM

My school doesn't have options like that. It's only 200 kids. 

I'm back at school Tate is with my mom, starts daycare on the 13th. I really need the social so online isn't exactly an option. 

He's on a sleep schedule but he gets so fussy and cries to wake himself up. 

cutestmom24
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Try rocking him till he is in a deep sleep then if you have a bouncer lay him in there with the vibrateing on.thats what i use todo for my dd to stay aseelp.
mum2beJen
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Congratcs on the little boy kenzie! I'm at college and 17weeks pregnant, I will be going back to college once the baby is here but will put the little baba in a near by daycare centre. All the best, if you need anything you can private mail me xx
Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Hi! Let me just say first off, it DOES get easier. :) It's hard to see three or four months down the road with sleep-blurred, stressed out eyes, but you'll be okay. You rock for going this with so little help

Have you tried swaddling him kind of tightly? That helped some with my son.

mz23
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:54 AM
It'll get easier. My dd is almost 8 months and 80% of the time I try and put her down to sleep she wakes up so I have to hold her. I tried it all she's getting better it used to be I had to hold her 99.9% of the time for her to sleep. Lol. Um do they offer online classes or can you do like home schooling. I had my baby at 19 and had my AA already, don't know about hs
CeceMommy2121
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Welcome I had my triplets when I was 15:) So i understand how that is. If you ever need/want to talk send me a message or an invite, I would love too:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)