Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crazy 3 year old!!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
I need some advice ever since my mom lost her ability to walk i have been helping her take care of my little sister who is 3 which is not the problem at all i love her to death its just that sometimes she goes off on these awful tantrum's that will last for days shes just so hard headed that no matter what i say or do it doesn't seem to faze her i can put her in time out and she will just laugh at me i can take away her favorite blanket and it will just make it worse she screams she fights she hits and she WILL NOT stop i cant take away the t.v. because she refuses to watch t.v. i put her in time out and she just shrugs it off like its nothing i take her toys away and she finds somthing eles to play with...ugh... what do i do?! What can i do?!
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Well... I understand your mom has a disability but she needs to still be the parent to your little sister.  She needs to be the one to institute discipline and you need to be the big sister, not the "bad guy".

(((hug)))

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:07 PM

oh dear..........she sounds like thats a nasty temper and it needs to be nipped in the bud soon.  Try reading a book like Love and Logic for Early Childhood...likes of great ideas for that age.

eds6619
by Emily on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like she may be acting out since your mom is ill

remaining_me
by Kay on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

i don't know the severity of your moms condition, but if she is capable then i agree with this comment 100%.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Well... I understand your mom has a disability but she needs to still be the parent to your little sister.  She needs to be the one to institute discipline and you need to be the big sister, not the "bad guy".

(((hug)))

cheyanne_nicole
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Thank you for your comments, she is a little monster my mother does help as much as she can shes paralyzed from the waist down and has trouble moveing her hands as well due to primary progressive MS she first lost her ability to walk before rayne was born so i dont think the behavior is due to that because its all shes ever known her father is *cough* a phyco *cough* and is out of the picture now so im beginning to wonder if that could have anything to do with her tantrums i just want to rip my hair out somtimes
carebear7414
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM

she is probley reacting cuz her dad is gone and she is lookin for extra emotional and physical help... try keeping her mind busy... playin reading or talkin to her to see whats wrong

cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Get down on her level and have a 'time in'
Count to ten together, calm her down, then ask her what she's wanting or what is wrong. Explain that you want to help, but can't when she screams.
Hugs!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)